Report: OL Richie Petitbon to Transfer After Season

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I fully understand him wanting to play and, he sees a transfer as his best chance. He might very well wind up at UM. I hope things work out for him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hate to hear it. He has some talent. His father (I thought) is about my age and was playing for Tulane, DB and RB, when I was at UA. He also had a nice NFL and coaching career. He was smallish for a safety. I remember being astounded when I heard we'd signed his son as an OL. I wondered how big the mom was. Then I found out it was just a coincidence of name... :D

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Don’t mind this at all. Kid came in and competed and suffered an injury. Love guys that compete and give it their all until they see the writing on the wall. Thanks Ritchie for being apart of the team and wish you well wherever you wind up! Roll Tide!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wish him well. He has the talent to start at a lot of schools. Alabama is just loaded right now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Hate to hear it. He has some talent. His father (I thought) is about my age and was playing for Tulane, DB and RB, when I was at UA. He also had a nice NFL and coaching career. He was smallish for a safety. I remember being astounded when I heard we'd signed his son as an OL. I wondered how big the mom was. Then I found out it was just a coincidence of name... :D
I thought the same thing, but assumed that the Richie Petitbon we thought of was his grandfather. Looks like we were both wrong. Not the first time for me.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I hate to see him go, as I was appreciative of his Father with the Redskins. I wish him the absolute best, and that Bama sends him off with another NC Ring.

ROLL TIDE!

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
Hate to see a Bama player leave, but he is graduating and has a championship. That's the correct way to do it. Good luck to him.
I agree and good luck to him. Hope he has a good future.

It does bring up something I've wondered about. Whether we win the 2018 National Championship or not with what we'll have coming back like Tua, RB's and receivers on offense we'll most likely be one of the favorites for 2019.

I know we probably lose Jonah Williams and we will lose Ross Pierschbacher on the offensive line. Do we have adequate replacements? Anyone new coming in like Jonah who could compete for a starting spot?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I agree and good luck to him. Hope he has a good future.

It does bring up something I've wondered about. Whether we win the 2018 National Championship or not with what we'll have coming back like Tua, RB's and receivers on offense we'll most likely be one of the favorites for 2019.

I know we probably lose Jonah Williams and we will lose Ross Pierschbacher on the offensive line. Do we have adequate replacements? Anyone new coming in like Jonah who could compete for a starting spot?

I'm less worried about OT than I am OC. At OT we have Leatherwood and Womack as options. Leatherwood played OT in the national championship game last year and looked very solid and had Womack not gotten hurt it was a toss up on if he or Wills would have been the starter at RT.

Center - lots of talented options, but very little experience which is pretty important at that position. I'm not sure leatherwood would move to OC, and D Brown is the next most experienced guy who could move over and he's only been starting half this year. After that it's all guys who have only had mop up duty...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.