Any word on Tua's recovery progress?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
So you're telling me Coach Saban leaked vital information to a shock jock about our most important player because they're personal friends or something ? Please expound on your answer. I can't wait to hear this.
Maybe he means he leaked to in order to make OU doubt if Tua will play or not.

Also, didn't Tua just say(at the Heisman ceremony or something) that he was feeling great and he will play in the game. he was out of his boot for at least the ceremony and seemed in realllly good spirits about his recovery. So, for this rumor to be true there would probably have had to be a setback or something in the last week or so.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
So you're telling me Coach Saban leaked vital information to a shock jock about our most important player because they're personal friends or something ? Please expound on your answer. I can't wait to hear this.
No, not at all. As someone else said, fake news. Maybe not leaked directly to Patrick, but with the knowledge he'd run with it. Make OU think they need to focus on preparing for Hurts. More emphasis on stopping the run and a running QB. Less time preparing for Tua's talent and tendencies.

Do I think Coach Saban has said anything about Tua's status? No. Do I think Coach Saban might've told someone else to leak the info? No. But you never know. Anyway, just throwing some stuff out there for discussion. After all, this is a discussion board, right?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
No, not at all. As someone else said, fake news. Maybe not leaked directly to Patrick, but with the knowledge he'd run with it. Make OU think they need to focus on preparing for Hurts. More emphasis on stopping the run and a running QB. Less time preparing for Tua's talent and tendencies.

Do I think Coach Saban has said anything about Tua's status? No. Do I think Coach Saban might've told someone else to leak the info? No. But you never know. Anyway, just throwing some stuff out there for discussion. After all, this is a discussion board, right?
Exactly. It's fake news from a shock jock looking to troll for ratings. I know Saban wouldn't leak anything to anyone outside of press interviews. But I do like the idea of Oklahoma having to prepare for both QBs because they are uniquely different.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Since we have so many Sooner lurkers, I will give them the inside scoop. Tua’s leg was amputated, Jalen is going to transfer a week from now and the Sooners should prepare for Mac Jones as QB. Now all of you go and report that to all the sooner coaches. Trust me.
You forgot to mention that Mac will be running the triple option wishbone.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
FWIW Dan Patrick said he's hearing Tua's chances of playing against OU are "iffy", which probably doesn't tell us very much since we could take it to mean that he will play IF he heals fast and he won't play IF progress is slow. We know that much already.
Quantify "iffy" -- lol......I would say that Tua's chances to play are good "IF" he heals in time....

The chances of me playing are "iffy" too.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A deliberate leak wouldn't do us any good since OU has to prepare for both QBs in any event...
I agree - that is why I called this fake news. There is no way that anyone at Alabama reported Tua as "iffy". Someone might have given a standard coach speak answer, which automatically comes off as "iffy". Something like, "Tua has not yet been cleared...". But the Sooners are going to prepare for both QBs after what just happened to Georgia. So is your next victim.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I agree - that is why I called this fake news. There is no way that anyone at Alabama reported Tua as "iffy". Someone might have given a standard coach speak answer, which automatically comes off as "iffy". Something like, "Tua has not yet been cleared...". But the Sooners are going to prepare for both QBs after what just happened to Georgia. So is your next victim.
And, it might not even matter who they prepare for the way they play defense :biggrin:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Jalen opened my eyes big time with that performance. Alabama has two excellent quarterbacks. FWIW, I believe Tua will be good to play.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
So what if someone, anybody, said Tua is "iffy". What does that tell them?

Exactly nothing.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
we're assuming OU's defensive gameplan is anything other than "tackle the guy with the football" :biggrin:
It appears their gameplan was mostly "Stay away from the Gatorade, that's for the offense ! "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I don't think Tua's ankle was as bad as Jalen's. He played for 3 quarters on the bad ankle he had scoped. I think it affected his play but he was able to play on it.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Why in the hell would we play the fake leak game against a historically bad defense like the Sooners? Mac Jones could start and we'd still score 50+ against them. So nah, I'm not buying the mind game thing against that D.

Rolltidewill92

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
My sources told me they amputated Tuas leg, Jalen donated his and Austin Jones gave his leg to Jalen since he didnt need it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.