Any word on Tua's recovery progress?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
We might just need Tua to light up the scoreboard.
If our line has a good day, they just might open a hole Tua could go thru on crutches.
Yep... Jalen is a healthier runner, but it's gonna take more than running to win.
I'm thinking clock control, keeping ou offense off the field, and the ability to throw. No one is arguing he's better at throwing than Tua. But based on this, with the level of pass efficiency and quality showing he's clearly improved and his ability to run better (his 100% is better than Tuas 85%), he just seems like the safer option. Especially if it keeps Tua sage until 100% recovery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
He very well could be 100% and was told to say he wasn't. It's mind games with your opponent. Keep them guessing.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
He very well could be 100% and was told to say he wasn't. It's mind games with your opponent. Keep them guessing.
Maybe. But it seems to be his own personal guess about his progress, rather than anything official from CNS or Dr Cain. In actuality, he may be 95% or more.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
Bama don’t need to score every possession. Let’s not forget that OU has not faced a decent defense all year.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
So I’m curious about this. I heard Chris saying only Alabama players were able to have the tightrope surgery like Tua and Jalen has done. Why is our team only having the procedure done?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
So I’m curious about this. I heard Chris saying only Alabama players were able to have the tightrope surgery like Tua and Jalen has done. Why is our team only having the procedure done?
I would question the accuracy of that statement. The Andrews Sports Institute and its orthopedic surgeons treat any number of teams, I believe. I don`t think Alabama has patent on a medical procedure.:smile:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He was wrong. Pretty sure plenty of other athletes have had it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would question the accuracy of that statement. The Andrews Sports Institute and its orthopedic surgeons treat any number of teams, I believe. I don`t think Alabama has patent on a medical procedure.:smile:
It is being performed all over America.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Yeah I thought it was a weird statement, but Chris was getting Alabama and OU mixed up several times last night. I remember at least twice he was talking about us but he said OU.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Then why is he spreading lies or misinformation like that? Kinda makes it seem like Alabama players get special treatment that isn’t available to other schools.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Then why is he spreading lies or misinformation like that? Kinda makes it seem like Alabama players get special treatment that isn’t available to other schools.
Probably the same reason people continue to say Tua's injury was a sprained ankle he suffered when Jonah stepped on his foot - they aren't fully paying attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My hip replacement there was done by the GA Tech team doctor...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.