Greetings from a Sooner

Trjtrjtrj

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2018
Hello from a Sooner living in SEC country (Tennessee). I’ve been following OU football for more years than I care to admit and I’m looking forward to our Orange Bowl game. If the highschool prospect websites are correct, Alabama has more talent -- but OU has excellent players too. Our defense is clearly our most criticized unit, but we’ve actually got a lot of talent there as well (mostly 4-star and 5-star, although we’re very young on the defensive side).

I realize Vegas has made OU 2 touchdown dogs, but I think it will be a close game that goes to the team that plays the most error-free ball (avoids turnovers, missed assignments and untimely penalties).

So here’s to a well-played game with no injuries.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Hello from a Sooner living in SEC country (Tennessee). I’ve been following OU football for more years than I care to admit and I’m looking forward to our Orange Bowl game. If the highschool prospect websites are correct, Alabama has more talent -- but OU has excellent players too. Our defense is clearly our most criticized unit, but we’ve actually got a lot of talent there as well (mostly 4-star and 5-star, although we’re very young on the defensive side).

I realize Vegas has made OU 2 touchdown dogs, but I think it will be a close game that goes to the team that plays the most error-free ball (avoids turnovers, missed assignments and untimely penalties).

Welcome and Roll Tide!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Welcome to TideFans.
BTW: Good post.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Welcome to the board. If we get off to a slow start like we have in our last several games, then I agree this game could be very close. Penalties, turnovers, number of three-and-outs on O, and kicking game will be crucial IMO.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Welcome! The game will be a good one for sure. We have a couple of long time OU posters we are quite fond of here and glad to see more coming to visit. Keep it real and we look forward to interacting with you.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Welcome. I'm impressed with the group of OU fans joining our board recently....we have great individual posters from other teams (Florida, Ohio State, Auburn, and even LSU), but the group from OU might be the best overall group thus far.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
It's so refreshing to have cordial, polite fans from another school expressing their thoughts about the upcoming game. I went to the game in OK back in 2002 and had a great time. All the OU fans were friendly and very hospitable. Thanks to you and your fellow sooners for joining us. Looking forward to a great game.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Orientation for all you Sooners on Tidefans is next Saturday at 6 a.m. We'll find out how serious you really are about football!

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Hopefully, our defensive line will be able to get quality pressure on your offensive line and get to Murray. I have to give Murray credit, he can throw or run, so we have to be able to put a lick on him every chance we get or it could be a long night. One thing we cannot allow is for him to sit back with plenty of time and pick us apart. It will be a long night for us if that happens.

On offense, I think we have to establish the run from the start so that it will open up passing lanes. As you said, your defense could be a problem if we are able to run and throw.

Looking forward to the game among two of college footballs big programs.

GulfCoastSooner

Dec 4, 2018
It's so refreshing to have cordial, polite fans from another school expressing their thoughts about the upcoming game. I went to the game in OK back in 2002 and had a great time. All the OU fans were friendly and very hospitable. Thanks to you and your fellow sooners for joining us. Looking forward to a great game.
Glad you were treated well in Norman. We went to the ‘03 game and were treated well until we got to our seats. Just a couple of jerks tried to intimidate us, but people around them shut them up. The lady sitting next to me was cordial until that fake punt and she wouldn’t say a word to me after that.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Glad you were treated well in Norman. We went to the ‘03 game and were treated well until we got to our seats. Just a couple of jerks tried to intimidate us, but people around them shut them up. The lady sitting next to me was cordial until that fake punt and she wouldn’t say a word to me after that.[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious...you know, our women are pretty into Bama football around here. :D

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
As did I. A great trip, except, of course, for the game`s outcome. Nevertheless, came away with a super opinion of the fans we interacted with on that trip. Always tickles me regarding the number of amazed comments concerning the number of RV`s up from Alabama for the game. " You guys really take this stuff seriously, don`t you? ". My response, " Yes.... Yes we do ! ":biggrin2:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.