Here it Comes New Push for an 8 Team College Football Playoff

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It’s so ironic because the playoffs were put in place to give more teams a chance, but I think it’s really had the opposite effect. Every year, at least one of the semifinals is a blowout. We don’t need more teams. The bottom line is there’s typically only 2-3 teams that have a legitimate chance to win the championship.

I work with a lot of people that want 8-16 teams in the playoffs and I just shake my head. Excellence should be rewarded, not mediocrity...
It has given them a chance - a chance to get embarrassed.

2ndand26

Oct 4, 2018
Huntsville, AL
There is a good flip side to that argument though. I know we have had a bad string of luck the last few years, especially with injuries on defense. But one could say that injuries are likely to happen pretty evenly across the group of teams. In that case, the team with the most depth will be least impacted and be able to move forward regardless. And that team would be us.
This is true. However, it seems Bama gets more than its fair share of teams willing to incorporate chop/cut blocks and helmet-to-knee tackles in their game plan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.