Steve Earle "modern country stars make 'hip hop for people who are afraid of black..

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Re: Steve Earle "modern country stars make 'hip hop for people who are afraid of blac

that was hilarious.
Burham is hysterical though his audience is mostly teenage youtube kids. Went and saw him a couple of years ago at the Old Roxy/Buckhead Theater and his show was great. Definitely was weird though being a middle aged couple there that was not bringing our kids

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Steve Earle "modern country stars make 'hip hop for people who are afraid of blac

it was a joke and imo a good one
The typed word. I missed the tone of the joke (though I must say it was an interesting choice of words for a joke). Maybe I need to be in the "Some of these pro athletes say some of the dumbest things". But I'm not a pro athlete and don't even play one on tv. Oh well, I'll go sit myself in the corner or something. LOL!

Last edited:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

I started listening to Steve Earle back in the late 80s when I decided I wanted to give country music another chance.

His brand of country would never fit into the Nashville homogenized variety. Because it's honest, doesn't pull any punches, doesn't kiss anyone's arse, and he says things that are really unpopular amongst your garden-variety right-winger country fans.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

LOL! I watched it. LOL! Good stuff. The same thing exist in hip-hop/rap music as well. The older rappers criticize (in the words of Snoop Dog) "these youngsters" for not only turning out what they deem crappy lyrics but singing about stuff they know nothing about. There's an interview out there (I'm sure it's on youtube) with Snoop and several other old schoolers (Ice T may have been one of them) talking about it. But this type thing is nothing new or limited to suburban white kids and "country" music.
If it wasn't for suburban white kids, hip hop would probably not exist. They have the most expendable incomes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.