Another Story of Prosperity Christianity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Another Story of Prosperity Christianity

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wi...S5U?li=BBnb7Kz

These idiots never cease to amaze me with their stupidity, but as long as their congregations buy in why not take advantage while they can.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Re: Another Story of Prosperity Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wi...S5U?li=BBnb7Kz

These idiots never cease to amaze me with their stupidity, but as long as their congregations buy in why not take advantage while they can.
    why would you judge? they've been "blessed".
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

You beat me to it. But now that I think about it, his last name is "Gray." You go by "Gray"Tide and use a "Forrest Gump" picture to throw us off to make us think you're white and then post the link as well. I think you are the crooked mega-pastor John Gray. LOL! I'm a super sleuth.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

There is a sucker born every minute - these con artists have used technology to find them, in large numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    There is a sucker born every minute - these con artists have used technology to find them, in large numbers.

hell, building a "church" that puts them together in large numbers isn't really that high-tech.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    hell, building a "church" that puts them together in large numbers isn't really that high-tech.
    I should've been a mega-church preacher. Women, money, cars, homes, vacations...all in the name of God. Hot woman - "Pastor, my marriage is falling apart.", Me - "Let's pray together and take this healing salve that I'm going to give you. It's ok to scream 'Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!' in praise before accepting the salve."

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I should've been a mega-church preacher. Women, money, cars, homes, vacations...all in the name of God. Hot woman - "Pastor, my marriage is falling apart.", Me - "Let's pray together and take this healing salve that I'm going to give you. It's ok to scream 'Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!' in praise before accepting the salve."
    and then when that gravy train runs out, you can be the head football coach at liberty, and talk about jesus handling your junk.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1071123317019602944

https://twitter.com/RCorySmith/statu...new-head-coach

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

The Prosperity Gospel does nothing to dissuade me from my rampant charismatic agnosticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    The Prosperity Gospel does nothing to dissuade me from my rampant charismatic agnosticism.
    what would cthulhu do?

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

and then when that gravy train runs out, you can be the head football coach at liberty, and talk about jesus handling your junk.

When they called the presser to announce his being hired in Oxford, I thought to myself, "I've seen this guy before."

Then I remembered every fire-breathing pastor in my Southern Baptist upbringing. I felt like we were about to hear "Just As I Am", and an altar call was around the corner.

I did note, as the walls were closing in on him during his last years there, the 3-day beard, and the pudgy red face. The curse that befalls anyone who consistently beats Nick Saban.....and that list is very small.

I think ol' Hugh was livin' it up at Mon Venus when he was in the Tampa-St Pete area, 'cruitin'. And the Lord probably told him not to worry about carrying a burner phone when texting hookers.

The Catholic Church whole heartedly approves this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    When they called the presser to announce his being hired in Oxford, I thought to myself, "I've seen this guy before."

Then I remembered every fire-breathing pastor in my Southern Baptist upbringing. I felt like we were about to hear "Just As I Am", and an altar call was around the corner.

I did note, as the walls were closing in on him during his last years there, the 3-day beard, and the pudgy red face. The curse that befalls anyone who consistently beats Nick Saban.....and that list is very small.

I think ol' Hugh was livin' it up at Mon Venus when he was in the Tampa-St Pete area, 'cruitin'. And the Lord probably told him not to worry about carrying a burner phone when texting hookers.
    don't you see the big picture? the lord, in his infinite wisdom, was using the hookers to show freeze the error of his ways and convince him to re-dedicate his life to the lord.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

what would cthulhu do?
    Total annihilation would be my guess.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower