Sex offender (child molester) chosen to lead Sardis, MS Christmas parade

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Carolyn Whaley owns The Eclectic Emporium on Main Street in Sardis. The Christmas parade went right past her shop Tuesday.

Whaley said everyone in Sardis knows that Michael Saripkin, the grand marshal, is a sex offender.

“Everybody knows that; it’s a small town,” Whaley said. “It doesn’t bother me. He’s a very nice, friendly man. He has donated more money, helped the fire department, helped the police department, encouraged businesses to come here.”

[snip]

Records show Saripkin, a businessman, was convicted of sexual battery in 1990 and statutory rape in 1997--both in Tennessee. Saripkin was again convicted in 2013, this time in Mississippi, for inappropriately touching a child as a person of trust. It’s unclear what his relationship to the child was.
Sex offender chosen to lead Mid-South Christmas parade

And people in MS wonder why the rest of the country looks at them and just shakes their head...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Sex offender chosen to lead Mid-South Christmas parade

And people in MS wonder why the rest of the country looks at them and just shakes their head...

1 Timothy 6:10; 1 Peter 4:8

But in the Sardis "bible" it appears it says "Money covers over a multitude of sins".

“Everybody knows that; it’s a small town,” Whaley said. “It doesn’t bother me. He’s a very nice, friendly man. He has donated more money, helped the fire department, helped the police department, encouraged businesses to come here.”

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Some are saying this is in his past. But look at his history of charges. 1990, 1997, and 2013. MAYBE if it was once in the 90s but he has a history spread throughout 3 decades.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I bet he always says "But she told me she was 18..."

What a slime bag. He's the kind of person I'm ok with taking behind the jail and putting a single shot in his brain pan.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
REPORTER: So Coach, lets talk about your record....

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....REPORTER: So Coach, lets talk about your record....

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....REPORTER: So Coach, lets talk about your record....

In Mississippi, 15 is the new 30...and always has been.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Maybe I imagined it, but I seem to remember the religious right had a few people defending Roy Moore's fondness for young girls by citing characters in the Bible who also had young wives.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
At the risk of being pilloried for thread drift...

When I see the name of the Mississippi town, Sardis, I'm reminded of Dr. Sardonicus. Displaced & I were discussing old music on another thread...Dis likes his hair metal bands and that sort of got me thinking back...

Hence Dr. Sardonicus. If any citizens of Sardis are upset over my highjacking the discussion of their town I'm sorry.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

When I see the name of the Mississippi town, Sardis, I'm reminded of Dr. Sardonicus. Displaced & I were discussing old music on another thread...Dis likes his hair metal bands and that sort of got me thinking back...

Hence Dr. Sardonicus. If any citizens of Sardis are upset over my highjacking the discussion of their town I'm sorry.
debil music ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe I imagined it, but I seem to remember the religious right had a few people defending Roy Moore's fondness for young girls by citing characters in the Bible who also had young wives.
Yes. One of them was Jim Ziegler, a longtime political gadfly who was recently re-elected state Treasurer and is considering a run for the Senate in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Oldie but goodie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.