Sex offender (child molester) chosen to lead Sardis, MS Christmas parade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sex offender (child molester) chosen to lead Sardis, MS Christmas parade

Carolyn Whaley owns The Eclectic Emporium on Main Street in Sardis. The Christmas parade went right past her shop Tuesday.

Whaley said everyone in Sardis knows that Michael Saripkin, the grand marshal, is a sex offender.

“Everybody knows that; it’s a small town,” Whaley said. “It doesn’t bother me. He’s a very nice, friendly man. He has donated more money, helped the fire department, helped the police department, encouraged businesses to come here.”

[snip]

Records show Saripkin, a businessman, was convicted of sexual battery in 1990 and statutory rape in 1997--both in Tennessee. Saripkin was again convicted in 2013, this time in Mississippi, for inappropriately touching a child as a person of trust. It’s unclear what his relationship to the child was.
    Sex offender chosen to lead Mid-South Christmas parade

And people in MS wonder why the rest of the country looks at them and just shakes their head...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Re: Sex offender (child molester) chosen to lead Sardis, MS Christmas parade

Goodness. There was no one else available in the entire town?
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Sex offender chosen to lead Mid-South Christmas parade

And people in MS wonder why the rest of the country looks at them and just shakes their head...

1 Timothy 6:10; 1 Peter 4:8

But in the Sardis "bible" it appears it says "Money covers over a multitude of sins".

“Everybody knows that; it’s a small town,” Whaley said. “It doesn’t bother me. He’s a very nice, friendly man. He has donated more money, helped the fire department, helped the police department, encouraged businesses to come here.”
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC

Some are saying this is in his past. But look at his history of charges. 1990, 1997, and 2013. MAYBE if it was once in the 90s but he has a history spread throughout 3 decades.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

I bet he always says "But she told me she was 18..."

What a slime bag. He's the kind of person I'm ok with taking behind the jail and putting a single shot in his brain pan.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

REPORTER: So Coach, lets talk about your record....

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....REPORTER: So Coach, lets talk about your record....

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post

COACH: What the hell you wanna talk about my record for? Man, I DONE MY TIME..... I PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY !!!!! How the hell I know she was 13 - she looked 15 anyway.....REPORTER: So Coach, lets talk about your record....

In Mississippi, 15 is the new 30...and always has been.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Maybe I imagined it, but I seem to remember the religious right had a few people defending Roy Moore's fondness for young girls by citing characters in the Bible who also had young wives.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    Maybe I imagined it, but I seem to remember the religious right had a few people defending Roy Moore's fondness for young girls by citing characters in the Bible who also had young wives.
    Roy Moore's philosophy, "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed."

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Sounds like a hopping place. Two bars, a golf course, a nature trail and a state park. What could go wrong?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

At the risk of being pilloried for thread drift...

When I see the name of the Mississippi town, Sardis, I'm reminded of Dr. Sardonicus. Displaced & I were discussing old music on another thread...Dis likes his hair metal bands and that sort of got me thinking back...

Hence Dr. Sardonicus. If any citizens of Sardis are upset over my highjacking the discussion of their town I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    At the risk of being pilloried for thread drift...

When I see the name of the Mississippi town, Sardis, I'm reminded of Dr. Sardonicus. Displaced & I were discussing old music on another thread...Dis likes his hair metal bands and that sort of got me thinking back...

Hence Dr. Sardonicus. If any citizens of Sardis are upset over my highjacking the discussion of their town I'm sorry.
    debil music

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon