ICE arrests legal immigrant while dropping off kids at school

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
well, until the gop base lets the gop know that crap like this is not ok, nothing is really going to change.
This was going on long before Trump took office. The problem is this is governmental bureaucracy at it's finest. He was an easy score and wasn't hiding out from the "law." This is our typically lazy a** government doing the bare minimum without putting any thought or analysis into why they would be arresting someone.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This was going on long before Trump took office. The problem is this is governmental bureaucracy at it's finest. He was an easy score and wasn't hiding out from the "law." This is our typically lazy a** government doing the bare minimum without putting any thought or analysis into why they would be arresting someone.
who do you think it is who is always yelling for law and order and the need to crack down on those people?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
who do you think it is who is always yelling for law and order and the need to crack down on those people?
Obama's calling with his daily dose of tear gas...

Seriously, this is just laziness. Why would you arrest someone who paid the fine and is working? Stupidity abounds.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Well this is a big part of the problem. See how you just dismissed a clear escalation in offense? That's how terrible things get normalized.

Milton Mayer said:
But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked—if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.

And one day, too late, your principles, if you were ever sensible of them, all rush in upon you... Suddenly it all comes down, all at once. You see what you are, what you have done, or, more accurately, what you haven’t done.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Seriously, this is just laziness. Why would you arrest someone who paid the fine and is working? Stupidity abounds.
Is it really just laziness that causes ICE to harass immigrants, though? I normally don't attribute malice to what stupidity can explain, but with ICE I make an exception.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Is it really just laziness that causes ICE to harass immigrants, though? I normally don't attribute malice to what stupidity can explain, but with ICE I make an exception.
In this case, yes. He was an easy score to "check the box." Why actually look and see that 1) he's working, 2) he's married to a vet, 3) he paid the fine as required by the state....again, stupidity abounds on this one.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
These are not as mutually exclusive as you think.
You're right. I'm going to punish tonight myself for my dismissive post with some good Tex Mex served to me by what I'm sure are at least a few illegal and legal immigrants as well as drink some cold Mexican beer to really assuage my guilt for my dismissive posts. I hope it makes me a better person in the end.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
And did you see that 45 is making rumbles about sending Vietnamese refugees back home, after staying in this country since the end of the Vietnam War?

This whole disaster can't come to an end quick enough.
Who the hell is going to make my donuts and do my wife's nails if he does that? The shrimpers in Bayou La Batre will be happy though.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
You're right. I'm going to punish tonight myself for my dismissive post with some good Tex Mex served to me by what I'm sure are at least a few illegal and legal immigrants as well as drink some cold Mexican beer to really assuage my guilt for my dismissive posts. I hope it makes me a better person in the end.
I'm on board with the first part, but replace the Mexican beer with something that's actually good and you'll be a happier man.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Guy is from Jamaica. I’m sure a Canadian gets the same treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I see multiple violations of current sensitivities:

I'm on board with the first part, but replace the Mexican beer with something that's actually good and you'll be a happier man.
Racism, and

Dos Equis Amber is a fine lager my friend...besides, after 3 or 4, I won't really care any more.
Cultural appropriation.

You should both take to social media and ask for forgiveness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.