CFP Semi Final/Bowl Practice

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm glad we signed Taulia Tagovailoa because he has a ton of upside and pedigree but Tyson is clearly the top signee at the position.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm glad we signed Taulia Tagovailoa because he has a ton of upside and pedigree but Tyson is clearly the top signee at the position.
After this season, I predict we'll have an off season "who's going to be the backup QB to Tua" thread in a few months. It will be epic!

tmaxam99

Suspended until 2024
Nov 15, 2009
Hello, long time member, though i hardly post. I enjoy all the information i read from the site. I was wondering if anyone has any idea will the tide will be practicing down in South Florida. I thought I read where Oklahoma will be using FAU field for their practices. I thought it was kind of funny Lane Kiffin would allow Oklahoma to use their facilities. Especially if Nick wanted to use their field.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hello, long time member, though i hardly post. I enjoy all the information i read from the site. I was wondering if anyone has any idea will the tide will be practicing down in South Florida. I thought I read where Oklahoma will be using FAU field for their practices. I thought it was kind of funny Lane Kiffin would allow Oklahoma to use their facilities. Especially if Nick wanted to use their field.
The game is afoot

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
And of course, the profile of a QB is changing. Taulia may be close to the ideal QB than Tyson in this age of spread with RPO concepts. But Tyson has all the traditional metrics you like to see. Tall, decent feet w/r/t pocket movement, big arm.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
And of course, the profile of a QB is changing. Taulia may be close to the ideal QB than Tyson in this age of spread with RPO concepts. But Tyson has all the traditional metrics you like to see. Tall, decent feet w/r/t pocket movement, big arm.
Yep. Tyson is more in the mold of AJ and Coker and Taulia is more in the Sims, Jalen and Tua mold.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It'll be fascinating what we do with those new QBs next year. All of them could play in four games and still keep their shirt. You'd think Mac Jones has a leg up on the compitition to be #2, but at this point in time with QB recruiting and HS development, nothing is guaranteed anymore with true freshmen coming in ready to get meaningful minutes.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Seeing we are likely to only have 1 or 2 practices in S Florida, I'd assume Saban will try to hold them at the Stadium or the Dolphins facilities. Saw on a Sooners Board OU will be arriving in S Florida before we do so, they will be having 4 practices down there.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Yeah he has the size for sure.
I didn't realize till I saw the game between Trussville, and Thompson just how tall Tyson is.
BTW: He's a good QB too.
Taulia appears to be a little shorter than Tua, but that could change.
(I know I started College at 5'10" and finished at 6'3"... It happens sometimes)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
After this season, I predict we'll have an off season "who's going to be the backup QB to Tua" thread in a few months. It will be epic!
Looking forward to that thread. Really Really Really beats the uniform threads everyone else suffers through... (Yeah, I watch the commercial) ;)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
And my observation of both Tyson and Taulia is they aren't afraid of the big games.
It's seldom we see young Quarterbacks with their poise, and confidence.
IT'S GONNA BE INTERESTING TO WATCH THESE GUYS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.