Pick the score: Alabama vs. Oklahoma

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I know we are a little over two weeks away from this matchup, but I’m bored, so I’ll go ahead and post it. It’s great to see Tua and the other banged up players looking good in practice. This matchup has been talked about a lot in the weeks following the selection. Oklahoma has an exceptional offense. Alabama has an exceptional offense. Our defense is a lot better than their defense. Points will be scored. But I think our boys make more plays on the defensive side of the ball to win the game. It will probably be closer than we like (I’d prefer our starters to be out by the 4th quarter ;)), but Alabama will play for its 18th national championship come January.

Alabama wins 54-38

Merry Christmas to you all as well!

(On a side note, I finished my 4th out of 5 semesters of nursing school this week. I’m in the honor society, too. :))
Just glad to see the “Real” score prediction thread get posted. Congratulations and keep up the great job. While Michigan had their “revenge tour” for a season Bama has been on revenge tour paying back losses from WAY back. Texas in 2009, Notre Dame in 2012, and now we get another shot in OU. We owe them big time and I’m predicting a throttling.

52-24

Defense matters this time of year...it really does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Bama 63
Oklahoma 35

Going to feel a lot like the Arkansas game. We win by a lot but it doesn’t feel like it because they will score some points in us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
BAMA : 34
Boomer: 33

Heart Attacks in BN household : at least 3

(I really want to go with something like 56-30 but am awaiting to see health status of Tua)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

(I really want to go with something like 56-30 but am awaiting to see health status of Tua)
BamaNation, this score is scary looking. I am taking my cholesterol medication though so I will be prepared for it.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
I'm not really into guessing actual scores but I will say this. Tua and the Tide from Alabama will arrive at the Orange bowl and put on an aeronautical exhibition for the Bama fans and followers. Tua will drop an early load of bombs on the Sooners to get things started. But let's not forget about that little rascal Kyler Murray, he has done more damage to this seasons pigskin crop than the boll weevil did during the depression and nobody seems to be safe from that little varment. But you can bet Nick Saban and his defense will have the best chance of controlling Murray better than any team he has faced this season. As they say down at the firehall, no matter how hard we spray there's always a hotspot to cause trouble later on. So the only thing Bama needs to do is keep on spraying. Leonard's Losers and mine, Oklahoma

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

With the series of blowout games I was almost sleep-walking through the season, but the tight game with Georgia really jump started the intense interest I usually feel.

I'm hoping we win by a comfortable margin but nothing is sweeter than a winning, close finish.

So part of me hopes your prediction is spot-on while the other part hopes for another blowout.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Like cmmiller said, we could easily score 40 on these guys no matter who starts at qb. But we’ll need Tua to beat Clemson a week and a half later, so I’m really hoping he’s back for this game to get back into his reps and rhythm.

Bama 55
Oklahoma 31

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
59 - 24 Bama. OU O will not control the clock like georgia and there D is not better than other teams we hung about 50 on.
Saban will not call off dogs nearly as early as other games due to quick score threat of OU offense. Jalen comes into game 2nd drive of 4th qtr. Kyler comes out on OU next drive. Last half or 4th qtr air time will be filled with announcers discussing ad nauseam if OSU or Georgie should have been seeded 4 and the heisman curse, and kyler murray football vs baseball.

D Mac

Dec 10, 2018
I see our offense putting 50+ points on a porous Oklahoma defense. There passing defense is one of the worse in the country. Given they have the best offense, but our defense may give up a few big plays. So they could score in the mid 20's. Final score of Alabama 55 Oklahoma 27.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.