Yep, another Sooner fan...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Welcome Knight! Not sure why some members here decide on less than cordial receptions but they are in the minority. We are quite a knowledgeable bunch here that love football and tradition but not much on smack talk. Pull up a chair and enjoy the discourse. Just remember, this is a Bama board so we will be decidedly slanted when talking about our program.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Seriously, this site is absolutely overrun with Oklahoma and other rival teams trolls. I'm done posting here until it's cleaned up. I urge other real fans to stop conversing with the trolls until the problem is alleviated.
I think that it has been kinda cool. TideFans has a reputation as a discerning site. I am sure that the mods will take care of the trolls. But some of these guys have been pretty fair in their comments. They are fans, which means that they will see the data differently, but still fair.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have to add , there are several really good OU fans that have been long time contributors. Wishbone and Owenfield come to mind, but I’m sure there are others.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think that it has been kinda cool. TideFans has a reputation as a discerning site. I am sure that the mods will take care of the trolls. But some of these guys have been pretty fair in their comments. They are fans, which means that they will see the data differently, but still fair.
Yes, but in the end, it is still a Bama board. You , of all, know that well. Elevating your status to an almost ‘undermod’ On the board. Maybe you should be ‘rival fan mod’ .

Last edited:

soonerknight

Suspended
Dec 14, 2018
One game is considered a good run?
That is a strange reply or did you forget about 2002 and 2003 I believe when we played Bama or did Bama only exist since Saban’s been there. And to the fans that think OU fans are obsessed with all things Bama all I can say is: “LOL!”

Sorry being a sooner fans bothers so many but if posting to chat about the game makes me a troll. WOW!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
That is a strange reply or did you forget about 2002 and 2003 I believe when we played Bama or did Bama only exist since Saban’s been there. And to the fans that think OU fans are obsessed with all things Bama all I can say is: “LOL!”

Sorry being a sooner fans bothers so many but if posting to chat about the game makes me a troll. WOW!
To be fair, you said "the last decade" and we've only played once in the last 10 years. You know... ...a decade.
:biggrin2:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Yeah, we (OU) have had a good run against the Tide in the last decade. But as far as the Heisman honestly I’ll stay away from that. Kyler definately earned it but Tua is no slouch and much respect. These are probably my favorite and least favorite games such as when (OU) plays another Blue blood with history as good as Bama.

I wil say this if by chance we win this game it is our time gotta share huh?!? Don’t bogart the Trophy man! LOL!
Here's looking at Bama, kid. Ha I'm overall saying we have no excuses or impediments such as in those previous years, and that the general area seems even more motivated than usual for this playoff game. It's a shame we have only played each other five times before.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Seriously, this site is absolutely overrun with Oklahoma and other rival teams trolls. I'm done posting here until it's cleaned up. I urge other real fans to stop conversing with the trolls until the problem is alleviated.
Then stop posting. And stop complaining. This site has always welcomed rival fans. If you want a board which is an echo chamber of other Bama fans, there are plenty of other sites!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I personally don't consider 1962 modern era.

Anything that happened in my lifetime is MODERN. That was a GREAT win for Bama and Leroy Jordan was ALL OVER those Sooners. I consider JFK a President in Modern times. And he was there.

Now, we aren't talking about Ancient History. Wallace Wade was part of that.

soonerknight

Suspended
Dec 14, 2018
To be fair, you said "the last decade" and we've only played once in the last 10 years. You know... ...a decade.
:biggrin2:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
True. Sorry for the confusion. Time goes quick when you get old. I meant the few times we have played. Wish we did play more often. We (OU fans) since Nebraska left have missed having a rival to play. I guess that is why this game is so interesting not just because of the CFP but the level of competition is better than what we play in our conference.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Anything that happened in my lifetime is MODERN. That was a GREAT win for Bama and Leroy Jordan was ALL OVER those Sooners. I consider JFK a President in Modern times. And he was there.

Now, we aren't talking about Ancient History. Wallace Wade was part of that.
Ha, well I guess some of our "more seasoned" fans can. :)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Just out of curiosity, I think it would be interesting to know how many Bama fans are jumping on OU boards (?).
Why on earth would I post on another board? I enjoy reading that TigerDropping site once every few years, but would NEVER join that profane site. I deal with enough LSU Tiger fans where I live.

Why would you VISIT such a site? So that you can report back to the Head Coach the secret to stopping the opponent?

Maybe some opponent fans visit here to see what an EXCELLENT site is all about. Then they can report back their X's and O's to their site moderators, et al.

Now, I do have to admit that I have posted in the past at an Aggie board, since I have family that are Aggies. That posting was mainly welcoming the Aggies to the SEC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.