Coach Saban plays basketball with Maria Taylor

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Great stuff.

I'd be lying, however, if I were to say that in a remote corner of my mind, the two of them hadn't set it up so that, at the beginning, when she called Coach and asked him whether he was ready to go shoot some hoops, he would reply:

"No, I'm not ready! I'm busy preppin' for the bowl game!! So quit askin'!!!" :biggrin:
That would have been very funny.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
While I was watching this video I kept thinking how hard is must be to shoot shots with the sweater that Coach Saban had on. He was definitely pretty good.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
As someone who grew-up playing basketball almost year-round through high school, I'm always intrigued by the shooting form of celebrities. I was relieved more than anything that Saban has a solid shooting form, otherwise, I would have been embarrassed for him. He squares-up to the basket, doesn't start his shot from the hip (that's the worst), and keeps the shooting elbow tight.

Barack Obama, for instance, has really bad shooting form for someone who is pretty passionate about basketball. He doesn't square-up and doesn't follow-through on his shot. It's painful to watch and I've always been dismissive of his perceived basketball prowess after watching video of him shooting.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
As someone who grew-up playing basketball almost year-round through high school, I'm always intrigued by the shooting form of celebrities. I was relieved more than anything that Saban has a solid shooting form, otherwise, I would have been embarrassed for him. He squares-up to the basket, doesn't start his shot from the hip (that's the worst), and keeps the shooting elbow tight.

Barack Obama, for instance, has really bad shooting form for someone who is pretty passionate about basketball. He doesn't square-up and doesn't follow-through on his shot. It's painful to watch and I've always been dismissive of his perceived basketball prowess after watching video of him shooting.
Obama's basketball form may not be the best but nothing compares to Charles Barkley's golf swing...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My assumption when watching this is that the Saban's used their Mercedes-Benz connections to extend an endorsement offer for Maria Taylor to ESPN as an apology for his temper following the Louisville game. I assume that some kind of gift was given to the endorser (Taylor) and it very well might've been one of those A-Class compacts like she was driving in the sponsored segment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.