ADMIN NOTE: About rival fans posting - get used to it!

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I can't even remember what I posted that got deleted but sorry for whatever it was I said. LANDTHIEVES is now DIRTBURGLERS and yes it is extremely rough... mostly younger and very crude. I will say, however, there are some very good and knowledgeable posters there if you have the patience to sift through the irreverence.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I honestly see no need to visit other teams fan's websites. Not meant to be snarky, but my time is more valuable and quite frankly I simply don't care what they have to say, good or bad. I will admit that I do get a laugh when some of our posters copy or link the crazies from Lee County.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I honestly see no need to visit other teams fan's websites. Not meant to be snarky, but my time is more valuable and quite frankly I simply don't care what they have to say, good or bad. I will admit that I do get a laugh when some of our posters copy or link the crazies from Lee County.
Gray doesn’t even like us, sometimes :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’m grateful for immigrants that hop over during pre-game weeks. They provide great insight at times

The only thing I struggle with is the onslaught of teaser titles and retread of topics over and over. But that happens

GulfCoastSooner

Dec 4, 2018
I’m grateful for immigrants that hop over during pre-game weeks. They provide great insight at times

The only thing I struggle with is the onslaught of teaser titles and retread of topics over and over. But that happens
Keep in mind that with many of us you are dealing with an Oklahoma public school education...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A personal point of pride after having founded this site and kept it running for 20 years is the number and variety of rival fans we have on board. It is true that not everyone survives - mostly because they bring their smack-talk baggage from other boards; but, the ones that do (many of whom have been mentioned above) are an essential part of what we do here on TideFans. Those who "get quitted" (as we used to say in the consulting biz) or "get fired" do so on their own choosing by how they behave. Same is true for our own Bama fans.

We don't always achieve this goal, but I want this site to be above others in its capacity to engage in rational, calm, intelligent discussion with each other and with other fans. Anything else is debasing.

Thanks to all who have joined, who have participated, who have lurked for years and decided to dive in recently, and those who are still out there lurking. You are all valued by me!

RTR, Merry Christmas, & Roll on!

BN
You did us all a HUGE favor by starting this site and deciding it would be different. I'm here for two reasons: 1. I love Bama football and love talking about it. 2. I strongly approve of the no cursing/implied cursing standard the board upholds. Please don't ever change that! Folks ought to learn to communicate without having to curse to do so!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I am with you GrayTide. I just depend on the people here on this site for all of my information. I know that a lot of the guys and gals here visit other sites and post things that really allow me to just catch the good stuff and not have to sift through all of the garbage that is out there.

I would really like Earle to write a book about all of the stuff he knows. I bet it would be a good read.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Gray doesn’t even like us, sometimes :)
El wrongo, Cajun, I like most everyone on Tidefans, some more than others obviously, but this is the only sports site I visit. I do think we have some posters who can be over the top on both the football and NS boards, but I respect their opinions even if I do not agree with them.
As Earle has said, "we can disagree without being disagreeable".

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am with you GrayTide. I just depend on the people here on this site for all of my information. I know that a lot of the guys and gals here visit other sites and post things that really allow me to just catch the good stuff and not have to sift through all of the garbage that is out there.

I would really like Earle to write a book about all of the stuff he knows. I bet it would be a good read.
Probably also my death warrant... :D

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have memberships on boards across the country. I had a membership to Soonerfan before that board went away. Enjoyed most of the interaction. I recently ventured over to dawgnation following a recruiting link, and read things I couldn’t believe. Man , those guys. They even had a conspiracy theory thread disputing the stats for points per game allowed for our 2011 defense. Who does that? Who goes back 7 years checking the accuracy of stats for a rival team? The guy’s math was wrong in the end. Since then I’ve pretty much stayed within the friendly confines. There is a lot of strangeness out there!

Last edited:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
AU Dub, B1GTide, Bazza, and several others are highly valued posters. We wouldn't be the same, or as good, without them.

My favorite reclamation is DawgByte. He had a bumpy start, but got with the program, and is now in the highly valued category. His class after what had to be an incredibly painful loss in the SECCG showed everyone, regardless of where your alliegeance lies, how it ought to be done.

I can't imagine TF without these guys.
Many thanks!

IMO TIDE-HSV runs one of the classiest message boards on the Net.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Agreed, for the most part. I did go look at some Sooner Sites out of curiosity after seeing some responses of other TidFans posters. I will peruse rival sites from time to time but I'll never join in the discussion of 99% of their boards simply due to the volatility of the general membership. Just don't see what they gain from all that.

AnXmarine

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 11, 2002
Birmingham, AL
A personal point of pride after having founded this site and kept it running for 20 years is the number and variety of rival fans we have on board. It is true that not everyone survives - mostly because they bring their smack-talk baggage from other boards; but, the ones that do (many of whom have been mentioned above) are an essential part of what we do here on TideFans. Those who "get quitted" (as we used to say in the consulting biz) or "get fired" do so on their own choosing by how they behave. Same is true for our own Bama fans.

We don't always achieve this goal, but I want this site to be above others in its capacity to engage in rational, calm, intelligent discussion with each other and with other fans. Anything else is debasing.

Thanks to all who have joined, who have participated, who have lurked for years and decided to dive in recently, and those who are still out there lurking. You are all valued by me!

RTR, Merry Christmas, & Roll on!

BN
Aww shucks BN. I felt like you were talking directly to me. :biggrin2:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Do we need to help him come up with a Title: sub-title for that book?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
At 60K posts I thought you were the Owner, CEO and Chairman of the Board! ;)
I know we are not supposed to talk about ########'s when it comes to how many posts, but it would take me several LIFETIMES to have that many posts. Now, if Bama had won maybe 70+ (well, maybe 50+) National Championships since the 1960's and this Board had started in 1961 or even in 1958, I maybe could have done it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.