Link: ACA holding...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I understand that. My point is that it's "cost effective" in the same manner as any extortion is, "protection money" to the mob, for example. In Europe, for example, drug companies are dragged in and forced to open their books and justify their costs, as they are not here. That's the true reason for the low costs. Then they turn to the US, where there is no check and balance system, and say "Fork over two billion"...
I don’t disagree - big pharma spends countless millions on advertising in this country; why? You can’t sashay down to Walgreens and buy their drugs; a prescription is required.
They did cut out all the lavish gifts to doctors and staff, but this is still absurd.
What’s the difference with me selling crack on a street corner with an ad around my neck? None IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
NYC Mayor Guarantees Health Care for All in Surprise Announcement

New York City will begin guaranteeing comprehensive health care to every single resident regardless of someone's ability to pay or immigration status, an unprecedented plan that will protect the more than half-a-million New Yorkers currently using the ER as a primary provider, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

It's not health insurance, his spokesman clarified after the surprise announcement on MSNBC Tuesday morning.

"This is the city paying for direct comprehensive care (not just ERs) for people who can't afford it, or can't get comprehensive Medicaid -- including 300,000 undocumented New Yorkers," spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
New California governor tackles drug prices in first act

Hours into his new job, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed an executive order on Monday that could dramatically reshape the way prescription drugs are paid for and acquired in the most populous U.S. state...

In his executive order, Newsom directed state officials to set up what he said would ultimately be the nation’s largest single-purchaser system for prescription drugs. It directed California’s massive Medicaid system to negotiate prescription drug prices for all of its 13 million recipients, changing their benefits from a managed-care or HMO approach to one that allows the state to handle all the purchases.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
From KG's webpage in regards to Health Care:

"Ensuring that every American has access to quality, affordable health care coverage is a national priority." - Kirsten Gillibrand, U.S. Senator
Senator Gillibrand believes the high cost of health care is a serious problem for families and for small businesses that struggle to provide health insurance for their employees. More than 47 million Americans – 2.5 million New Yorkers – are uninsured and millions of families and businesses are struggling with skyrocketing health care costs. In Congress, Senator Gillibrand has always fought hard to expand health care access and protect the coverage for those at risk of losing it. In the Senate, she has continued her work to provide affordable, quality care to every single American.

============

There are 10 more bullet pointed "Health Care" issues on her page in case anyone is interested.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Gonna be keeping an eye on this--could be a real game changer.
If anyone has Netflix and wants to see just how out of whack drug pricing is, take a look at the episode titled "Drug Short" of the Dirty Money series. Theres some language in there, but it's well worth the time. Shows the story of Valeant and how they treated niche drugs as a license to print money. Martin Shkreli is in there too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.