Link: ACA holding...
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ACA holding...

ACA holding...

Although he hailed it, this comes under the category of "be careful what you wish for." The lesson of the midterms was not learned...

CNN
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: ACA holding...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Although he hailed it, this comes under the category of "be careful what you wish for." The lesson of the midterms was not learned...

CNN
    I'll never understand how anyone can advocate removing a policy without having a replacement policy in hand for consideration.

We really need to fix the ACA, not replace or remove it.

Idiots......

That said...the cost of heath care is way too high.

Is anyone talking about that, rather than insurance?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think the judge is a fan of Medicare for all, because that’s what’s coming. He started the ball rolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Well yes, Trumpcare is doing nothing to control costs.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    I don't think anyone is, are they? I don't even see it being discussed. Not that I am being critical of the media or anything....

BamaNation Hall of Fame

ACA holding...

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Nothing, not even ACA, addressed the costs of insurance; the credits helped some pay for it, but by leaving out the “ public” option, the insurance companies charged whatever they wanted.
    I heard they weren’t increasing premiums this year ( they don’t want Medicare for all), but since I’m on Medicare now I don’t know what the coverages are.
    Now, while medical care costs are still increasing, the rate of increase has been slowed. I believe in states that expanded Medicaid, their costs are actually going down; not certain of the numbers.
    But this argument has been had ad nauseum: if everyone in the country is not required to have insurance, insurance companies will charge the chronically ill exorbitant (read: unaffordable for most) premiums. Without a “ public” option to force them to keep costs down ( which will tick off their shareholders), they’ll charge as much as they can get people to pay.
    Without the ACA, there will be no affordable insurance for many people.
    Personally, I think health insurance was another scam Nixon created to repress the middle class. All about the rich getting richer.
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, free housing, free phones, free food and affordable health insurance...if only our founding fathers had a clue.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, free housing, free phones, free food and affordable health insurance...if only our founding fathers had a clue.
    I worked in Big Pharma for 11 years. Long enough to get a nice pension out of it.

Our CEO would cry all the time whenever health care reform came up. Why? Because that would interfere with his mega benefits. And even at my level on the totem pole, we had Cadillac health and dental, 10-15% bonuses every year.

When I was made redundant by the company, the first time I went to pay for a non-formulary prescription, I about stroked. I had been used to paying $15 co-pays, but a 30 day supply was $700 or more.

Those guys are making hand over fist money. Which is why we will never have legitimate health care reform until we start looking at who benefits from our broke healthcare system.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    I worked in Big Pharma for 11 years. Long enough to get a nice pension out of it.

Our CEO would cry all the time whenever health care reform came up. Why? Because that would interfere with his mega benefits. And even at my level on the totem pole, we had Cadillac health and dental, 10-15% bonuses every year.

When I was made redundant by the company, the first time I went to pay for a non-formulary prescription, I about stroked. I had been used to paying $15 co-pays, but a 30 day supply was $700 or more.

Those guys are making hand over fist money. Which is why we will never have legitimate health care reform until we start looking at who benefits from our broke healthcare system.
    Big Pharma is raping us...literally. I have a lady at work with family in Mexico...I keep a nice supply of anti-biotics and allopurinol on hand that cost me about 1/5 of what I'd pay at CVS.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Big Pharma is raping us...literally. I have a lady at work with family in Mexico...I keep a nice supply of anti-biotics and allopurinol on hand that cost me about 1/5 of what I'd pay at CVS.
    I am ok with my current plan as long as there are generics available. One you venture into the name brands, a lot of insurance companies don't carry them, and you get killed.

I never had to worry about any of that when I was on Merck's plan.

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar

Nope, everyone thinks the problem is insurance coverage and not the amount we actually pay.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

That said...the cost of heath care is way too high. Is anyone talking about that, rather than insurance?
    I don't think anyone is, are they? I don't even see it being discussed. Not that I am being critical of the media or anything....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamafaninco1 View Post
    Nope, everyone thinks the problem is insurance coverage and not the amount we actually pay.
    It's been discussed for many, many years. The ACA didn't touch healthcare prices, it just shifted costs from consumers to the government and insurers. The GOP plans also won't touch prices; they'll just shift costs back to consumers.

The solution is to have a central body negotiate prices with hospitals and drug manufacturers rather than our current, absurd system of regionalized insurer negotiations. That's how every other advanced country handles it, and that's why an MRI costs twice as much here as in Switzerland, and common cancer drugs like Avastin cost 10x more in the US than in the UK. Our current healthcare market is already divided, which makes it easy to conquer. And that's exactly what they've done.

But the solution is basically government-run healthcare (at least in part), which many people (mostly Republicans) have been conditioned to fear. So to be frank, folks need to either embrace the solution or stop complaining.