what beers are you enjoying this winter

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I won a six pack Trimtab 205 Southern Pale—out of Birmingham—on a bet on the SECCG with a buddy of mine here. (Bama wins he buys me beer from Alabama, UGA wins, I buy him beer from GA). It’s alright (I’m not really a pale ale fan) but tastes extra sweet because of the reason I get to drink it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I won a six pack Trimtab 205 Southern Pale—out of Birmingham—on a bet on the SECCG with a buddy of mine here. (Bama wins he buys me beer from Alabama, UGA wins, I buy him beer from GA). It’s alright (I’m not really a pale ale fan) but tastes extra sweet because of the reason I get to drink it. :)

i really like the creature comforts bibo pilsner

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

They make some tasty sours. If you ever stumble across their Imperial Paradise Now, pick it up. You will not regret it.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
i really like the creature comforts bibo pilsner
That’s probably my favorite CC makes. I also kind of like their Tropicalia IPA. (And I’m not typically an IPA fan…still would chose other styles before any IPA, but if I have to dream no an IPA...make it Tropicalia).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That’s probably my favorite CC makes. I also kind of like their Tropicalia IPA. (And I’m not typically an IPA fan…still would chose other styles before any IPA, but if I have to dream no an IPA...make it Tropicalia).

my wife likes the tropicalia, me not so much. it's crazy how that beer has taken off though. for a while when it first came out the stores around here had pretty strict limits on the quantities you could buy.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
went by and had a couple of tastes this afternoon. it was quite good.

Nappy Roots partners with Hapeville’s Arches Brewing

Grammy-nominated hip-hop group Nappy Roots again is showing its affinity for local brews.

Nappy Roots has partnered with Hapeville’s Arches Brewing on a limited-edition beer called Kentucky Mud. It will launch this Saturday during an event with the band at Arches Brewing, set for 1 to 9 p.m.

Kentucky Mud, a nitro chocolate milk stout, celebrates Nappy Roots’ founding in Kentucky. “Its foundation is rich and chocolaty, accompanied by sweet nutty flavors,” says Arches Brewing.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Leffe d'Hiver.

Kasteel Donker (11% ABV)

Bush Ambré (12% ABV)

Silly Scotch (aged in scotch barrels; no scotch involved in the brewing)

Double Enghien Brune

Knock down a couple of those and its buddy-by-bose time.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Let few days:

Off Color Brewing’s Dino S’mores - Russian imperial stout with graham flour, marshmallow fluff, vanilla, and cocoa nibs. Awesome.

Mantra Artisan Ale’s Genevieve - Sour pale aged with pineapple in gin barrels. Good, not great.

Various Stone and Sierra Nevada offerings, as seen in this pic.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
monday night's garage (their second location) opened last year on the beltline not too far from our house. it's on the list for one of our date nights.
Have you been yet? They're looking at opening a brewpub in Birmingham.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
picked up some ten fidy for the holidays.

the guy at the store told me oskar blues is revamping everything and that ten fidy is probably going away :(
thankfully, the rumors that tenfidy was being phased out appear to be unfounded. i picked up a couple this weekend for post-thanksgiving dinner desert.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
thankfully, the rumors that tenfidy was being phased out appear to be unfounded. i picked up a couple this weekend for post-thanksgiving dinner desert.
Several stores around me have the BA TenFidy Stove Pipes. I've got a few in the fridge and a few in the cellar, just in case...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.