Link: Charlie Spegal: High School Back Still Seeking Attention from colleges

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This is great...but then you miss the kids like Nick Mullens who is now starting in the NFL. You can't measure heart...at least that's what CPB said.
It's like when you play Blackjack, you have to play by the rules no matter what if you want to consistently have a chance to win and Bama has "rules" in recruiting and we stick to it. Our success rate percentage is pretty amazing.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
https://247sports.com/Player/Charlie-Spegal-46058076/

So I agree with what most of you guys are saying. But, according to 247sports he is in the 2020 class. The article is a little miss leading, unless of course,
247 has it wrong. But with his size, speed (4.6-40), and strength would be a great short down, H-back, and blocker for the tailbacks. watch the video, lays a tremendous block on the DE.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/charlie-spegal/YQmTlpv-EeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm

He's a junior. So he would be a senior next year.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The kid has got to be pretty smart and of good character if he is being recruited by Navy. Perhaps he should stay in the Big whatever as they tend to be a tad slower than the SEC.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Just for the record...I am 100% for CNS' metrics in evaluating talent. It works...just have to know that there are outliers in every situation. I am amazed when I watch a pro game to see how many players there are from lesser schools...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
4.6 / 40 for his size is pretty fast.....

he ain't 15% "Acinonyx jubatus" but that's pretty fast
it's not slow, but it's not really fast either. At 220+ Brian Robinson ran a 4.4. D. Harris and Jabobs both run 4.5.

That said, looking at this kids film and he appears to run very tight, almost like he's fighting against himself with every stride. A good running form coach might be able to smooth some of that out and take .1-.15 off his 40. He gets into the 4.5 range and I'd think he'd get noticed some.

Also kinda have to wonder what the competition level is in his league. On some of those runs, either his OL is full of college prospects of the opposing DL and LBs are aweful because he wasn't touched till he got to the S a lot of times. Some of that was good vision and explosion from him, but some of it was bad D...

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
Most of the competition was weak during the season. They are a 4A school playing up a class due to the success factor. They did beat the #3 team in 6A in week 2 and he had a good game. They had stiffer competition in the playoffs and he continued to impress. At a bigger school he likely doesn't get those stats, but I bet he would still impress.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
5'10", 220 lbs, would be like a bowling ball hitting the LOS in short yardage situations. May even gain 10-15 lbs by this time next year. May be another J. Jacobs.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
5'10", 220 lbs, would be like a bowling ball hitting the LOS in short yardage situations. May even gain 10-15 lbs by this time next year. May be another J. Jacobs.
The kid has some nice highlight runs, and I read he claims a 4.6 forty, but I don't see it from the highlights. he kinda plods with relatively short strides even when he breaks into the open field and isn't a fluid runner which many times indicates he could be at the limit of how fast he has the potential to get. Army/Navy/G Tech teams would be able to use this skillset and he'd get an amazing education but that's probably it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He'll have to show that He can improve this upcoming season. Look at his 2017 and 2018 number. If he can duplicate the 2018, and get in better shape... work on his running ability.. he might get few more D1 offers... He can always go JUCO route.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.