Anoma not at Practice Today (update: he's back)

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Per AL.com. He sent a cryptic tweet saying: Made a decision and sticking to it...... or some such. Saban says he took a personal day...

Hope he gets back to business.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Re: Anoma not at Practice Today

Heard someone asked him about a possible transfer and he simply replied,"no "

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

His tweet has been deleted. He will be fine. Give him time. No idea what is happening but this can be a tough time of year for some people

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Hopefully we don't lose him. He's slated to be a big time player for us soon - most likely starting next year..

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017

I wonder if he was being pressured by family to transfer closer to home, say to MD and Coach Locksley?
One recruiting class will not change Maryland much. Need 3-4 years of recruiting to rebuild roster. He would be dumb to go...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Can’t lose another LB. really like his quickness and athleticism. He’s got stud written all over him so I hope he gets back in the saddle soon. Crazy how many snaps Mack and Dylan have handled this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South

Don't like the sound of this.

Right, he's slated to be a star next year. Just hope it's nothing serious.

:pDT_newy:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

He reminds me of Rashan Evans when he was a freshman. He just needs to add some weight to handle the big O-lineman that are blocking him.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I'm not sure he'll start next year, which is probably why he's frustrated looking at who he is behind in practice. Jennings and Lewis will likely both be back next year at JACK. SAM has an opening to be filled, so perhaps someone slides in there. Right now, Anoma is just an edge rusher, not polished or strong enough (yet) to play every down, especially against the run.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm not sure he'll start next year, which is probably why he's frustrated looking at who he is behind in practice. Jennings and Lewis will likely both be back next year at JACK. SAM has an opening to be filled, so perhaps someone slides in there. Right now, Anoma is just an edge rusher, not polished or strong enough (yet) to play every down, especially against the run.
He would be one injury from a starting job, and he is already getting snaps. I doubt that this is what he is dealing with.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

The thing is... Bama has numerous examples of guys on defense waiting their turn and ending up 1st round picks. No reason for a guy to leave due to playing time and not wanting to wait in and of itself.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

Just listened to the Capstone Report guy (Martin Houston) on 102.9, apparently he was recruited by Coach Lock and there was some discussion about being distracted and/or maybe wanting to follow Lock north, but the thinking appears to be he will stay put.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

When it comes to OLB the term starting isn't so meaningful as snap count. Saban has shown that he will play all players "who are ready". In this case Jennings in my opinion is not a rush type end but more of a run stopper who occasionally crashes the pocket. Lewis has yet to show he can play 3 games without season ending injury and Chris Allen is coming off season-ender as well. So in my opinion if he works hard to prepare he's either going to start or get a very high snap count.

I do understand he's a long way from home and at his age that's a big deal. Growing up can be painful at times. Normally the good moments far outweigh the bad though.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.