Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

Kirby should have wished him well, and moved on to give reps to the Ga. #3 QB.
Meanwhile praying nothing happens to #1...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Read that there's been 19 composite 5 star QBs since 2011. Justin Fields is the 11th to transfer from the school he initially signed with. Transferring is now the norm not the exception..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Read that there's been 19 composite 5 star QBs since 2011. Justin Fields is the 11th to transfer from the school he initially signed with. Transferring is now the norm not the exception..
I guess when you have that"star" mentality it's hard to sit on the bench. Plus, most schools only play 1 QB for the most part.

Here's a question: Now that CNS has a positive experience playing both Tua and Jalen...Will he do it more? Will other schools also do this more? Or is this a one-off?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I guess when you have that"star" mentality it's hard to sit on the bench. Plus, most schools only play 1 QB for the most part.

Here's a question: Now that CNS has a positive experience playing both Tua and Jalen...Will he do it more? Will other schools also do this more? Or is this a one-off?
Saban is going to continue to do whatever is best for the team, not an individual player. When those two align, everyone is happy. IMO, this year was an example of the two aligning, not something that is likely to start a QB trend.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban is going to continue to do whatever is best for the team, not an individual player. When those two align, everyone is happy. IMO, this year was an example of the two aligning, not something that is likely to start a QB trend.
Yep. Tua and Jalen was as much of a perfect storm as one could get in the particular situation.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

Yep. Tua and Jalen was as much of a perfect storm as one could get in the particular situation.
... I agree, and I might have to give Tua and Jalen more credit than CNS in this situation.

Without the integrity of those two, I think it could have gone south in a hurry; e.g., Clemson

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

I'm admittedly an old school guy........if I'm Kirby, I wish Fields well and send him out the door. Give no. 2 reps to whoever is currently 3rd in rotation and move on. Kirby's approach could cause some turmoil in the locker room right now, and certainly sets a bad precedent in regards to "team-first".

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I'm admittedly an old school guy........if I'm Kirby, I wish Fields well and send him out the door. Give no. 2 reps to whoever is currently 3rd in rotation and move on. Kirby's approach could cause some turmoil in the locker room right now, and certainly sets a bad precedent in regards to "team-first".
Agree...what do you think CNS or CPB would say to JFields at this point? He sure wouldn't play in the bowl game...

Millenials will be the death of me...if old age doesn't get me first.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Agree...what do you think CNS or CPB would say to JFields at this point? He sure wouldn't play in the bowl game...

Millenials will be the death of me...if old age doesn't get me first.
Doubt he would even make the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

There’s a video of Fields walking off the field after the South Carolina game. Can’t post because of language, but it’s pretty evident he wasn’t happy about how little he was used.

Now with Ford possibly transferring, have to wonder what all Kirby sold guys last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure why you don't let the backup pass in blowout games. Thats not developing your backup. Even when Tua was the backup to Jalen he threw the ball when we got up on our opposition. Same with Jalen this year. He didn't come in strictly to just hand it off. I am sure it looks to the kid and parents they are not attempting to develop him. Heck we even let our 3rd string QB sling the ball around a bit.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

And Saban has change defensive philosophies to take advantage of the developed QBs that are becoming more the norm. Smart still runs an offense that looks a lot like Bama pre-Kiffin.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And Saban has change defensive philosophies to take advantage of the developed QBs that are becoming more the norm. Smart still runs an offense that looks a lot like Bama pre-Kiffin.
Wonder if this is part of the reason Fields didn't play as much and possibly a reason for his transfer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.