Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

I knew all the trees in the woods like the back of my hand from spending so much time outside...... but when it got dark and I heard my mom calling I was back at home quick
Yep, and when I only heard my first name, I knew there was no rush. When I heard first, middle and last, I better double time it home.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I was fortunate, for a city kid, to have a park across the street. Played pickup football and basketball games with a future NYY ( he actually homered in a World Series game). Mom never called - park didn’t have lights so I knew when to go home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

We are hearing that he spoke to Day and a spot is here for him if he wants it, but he will have to compete for the starting job.
Well that settles it, he’s not going to OSU [emoji16]

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Agree...what do you think CNS or CPB would say to JFields at this point? He sure wouldn't play in the bowl game...

Millenials will be the death of me...if old age doesn't get me first.
I'm pretty much old school as well but I'm a little torn on how I would handle this. If the player has worked hard all year long and did all he was asked to do from the coaching staff, I can see letting him complete the season even though he plans to leave afterwards. It's a bowl game and the payer has contributed all season; basically earned his time. At least he let the coaches know his plans while recruiting is going on.

Who knows, Hurts may be doing this but it is not known to the public.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I'm pretty much old school as well but I'm a little torn on how I would handle this. If the player has worked hard all year long and did all he was asked to do from the coaching staff, I can see letting him complete the season even though he plans to leave afterwards. It's a bowl game and the payer has contributed all season; basically earned his time. At least he let the coaches know his plans while recruiting is going on.

Who knows, Hurts may be doing this but it is not known to the public.
I hear you...but it is public. If it were all kept private, no problem. IMHO his family have tried to bring pressure on CKS to play him...that's out of bounds.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

My parents threw me out of the house in the morning to play outside with friends. We had a Atari, but had very few opportunities to play it. I spent almost all of my time outside.
This was my Atari growing up:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Look like some of you guys had much fancier versions of "electric football", because none of ours looked that fancy.

We had one where you placed an offensive play card, on the surface, and the "D" put theirs on top of it.

And then you pulled a piece of cardboard, that was underneath all of that, and a light bulb showed how everything lined up. As soon as the play line hit a "defender", the play was over.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Remember these? I had a football an a baseball handheld.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Look like some of you guys had much fancier versions of "electric football", because none of ours looked that fancy.

We had one where you placed an offensive play card, on the surface, and the "D" put theirs on top of it.

And then you pulled a piece of cardboard, that was underneath all of that, and a light bulb showed how everything lined up. As soon as the play line hit a "defender", the play was over.
I had that game as well, but can't seem to recall the name. We played an endless number of games on it, especially when the weather was bad.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Back to topic...Ya'll see where Martell told Fields to be careful about transferring?
Tate being Tate. He is a jerk who can play football. He is an example of what friends for parents looks like. They are afraid to hurt his feelings. But he's not wrong - if he goes to OSU, he is going to have to earn his playing time, and he will start at the bottom. Fields didn't like having to do that at GA. IMO, he should be looking for a place without a solid QB ready to step in next year.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Tate being Tate. He is a jerk who can play football. He is an example of what friends for parents looks like. They are afraid to hurt his feelings. But he's not wrong - if he goes to OSU, he is going to have to earn his playing time, and he will start at the bottom. Fields didn't like having to do that at GA. IMO, he should be looking for a place without a solid QB ready to step in next year.
Off the top of my head I can think of a few right away. Georgia Tech, Tennessee, UCF, FSU, Oklahoma, Penn State.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Off the top of my head I can think of a few right away. Georgia Tech, Tennessee, UCF, FSU, Oklahoma, Penn State.
LSU, Barn, MSU.....

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.