Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

Look like some of you guys had much fancier versions of "electric football", because none of ours looked that fancy.

We had one where you placed an offensive play card, on the surface, and the "D" put theirs on top of it.

And then you pulled a piece of cardboard, that was underneath all of that, and a light bulb showed how everything lined up. As soon as the play line hit a "defender", the play was over.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Oh, good, you're OLDER than I am.

*whew*

If you wish to hold form, you should be whining about us GenXers, apparently... :biggrin:
Both of you are mere children ;)
Think how seasoned that must make Earl feel? ;)
I figure I'm bout old as dirt, and Earl's probably a couple of years older than I am...
BTW: I ain't old until I decide I am...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Both of you are mere children ;)
Think how seasoned that must make Earl feel? ;)
I figure I'm bout old as dirt, and Earl's probably a couple of years older than I am...
BTW: I ain't old until I decide I am...
Earle was on the team that invented the wheel.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

No, but supposedly the incomprehensible lyrics to "Louie, Louie" were going to corrupt us.

(I thought it was because we watched Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner.)

(And it is probably a good thing they didn't know how crazy Little Richard really was.) (And why was the same song ok, when Pat Boone did his lame version of it?) (Still trying to figure out why they were the "good ol' days". No one had A/C.)
Agree. Our family got a TV when I was in the 6th grade. They got Air conditioning while I was in college. I didn't have Atari, hadn't been invented. We played Checkers, Rook, or BlackJack. When we bought music it was 33s,45s,78s. Gas was 21 cents a gallon at the San Ann, and Cigarettes were 14 to 17 cents a pack. Bootleggers charged 50 cents for a single PBR. Highway Robbery, I tell you... Sin was expensive in a 'Dry County'... ;)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I was fortunate, for a city kid, to have a park across the street. Played pickup football and basketball games with a future NYY ( he actually homered in a World Series game). Mom never called - park didn’t have lights so I knew when to go home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When the Street Light came on it was time to head home fast.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I'm pretty much old school as well but I'm a little torn on how I would handle this. If the player has worked hard all year long and did all he was asked to do from the coaching staff, I can see letting him complete the season even though he plans to leave afterwards. It's a bowl game and the payer has contributed all season; basically earned his time. At least he let the coaches know his plans while recruiting is going on.

Who knows, Hurts may be doing this but it is not known to the public.
Jalen is smart enough to keep folks in the dark about his intentions.
(That's what I would have done)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

More like about eight... :D

Just one OBSERVATION: that glass of water is FULL; the glass of wine is EMPTY. So, the wine must be better than the water in HSV.
Another OBSERVATION: doesn't look like this guy is a day older than 65.
Oh sorry, this thread is about WHO's staying and Who's leaving.

Last edited:

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...e-starting-QB-no-way-hell-transfer-127042678/

OSU backup Tate Martell speaking at Media Day for Rose Bowl. Reporters ask him repeatedly about Fields coming in. He’s pretty confident in winning the job next year.
I just finished watching QB1 on Netflix last week. If you haven’t seen it it follows Martell and Fromm, plus another QB, during their HS Sr year.

B1GTIDE, assuming Haskins leaves and JF does end up in Columbus, how do you see it shaking out?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

More like about eight... :D

Just one OBSERVATION: that glass of water is FULL; the glass of wine is EMPTY. So, the wine must be better than the water in HSV.
Another OBSERVATION: doesn't look like this guy is a day older than 65.
Oh sorry, this thread is about WHO's staying and Who's leaving.

Earle signing grad transfer LOI to Oakwood U. as player-(special teams) coach?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
B1GTIDE, assuming Haskins leaves and JF does end up in Columbus, how do you see it shaking out?
Really cannot predict the 2019 season because Tate is correct - Fields has not taken a single practice snap at OSU, nor has he seen the play book. But the reality is a little different than Tate is considering. The offense next year will be even more like it was leaning this year under Day. Day runs an offense a lot more like Georgia's and Alabama's than Meyer's. Tate would have a huge edge in Meyer's offense, but not Day's.

Fields will likely win the job at some point because Tate puts the ball in jeopardy too much (at least, that is what we read about him in practice), but if I had to guess, Tate will start the first game for OSU next year.

Really cannot predict the 2019 season because Tate is correct - Fields has not taken a single practice snap at OSU, nor has he seen the play book. But the reality is a little different than Tate is considering. The offense next year will be even more like it was leaning this year under Day. Day runs an offense a lot more like Georgia's and Alabama's than Meyer's. Tate would have a huge edge in Meyer's offense, but not Day's.

Fields will likely win the job at some point because Tate puts the ball in jeopardy too much (at least, that is what we read about him in practice), but if I had to guess, Tate will start the first game for OSU next year.
This week should tell us what he does. I’m pretty sure lights will be bright on Richt about his decision.

Edit: I meant Smart.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Greatest video game ever made, except it had no electricity and no batteries. NFL STRATEGY
[/URL][/IMG]

Me and my brothers would play for hours! The video part was imigination.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.