Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Jawja gonna be more in the gutter than usual losing all of those players. Time to see if player development improves. I doubt it. Fromm will probably have a good year next year, but a lot depends on that OLine.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
With the younger guys they have recruited the last few years, it is probably best that they lose a lot of guys to help keep some younger guys happy. Now, have they developed those younger guys to where they are ready to play? Will those younger guys work hard or just expect to get a position? That is another thing that amazes me about Coach Saban- he develops and manages the roster and the egos of young, super talented kids. Roll Tide!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

Good info B1gTide. The bigger story may be yet to come, though. If Fields is allowed to play in 2019 (without sitting out a year) because his claim of racial animus at Georgia is legitimized that would have a huge negative impact on the Georgia football program. Also, as some other poster noted, the door to unrestricted undergraduate free agency would be thrown wide open. Maybe the whole race discrimination claim is just a rumor but for the NCAA to give him a waiver there would certainly have to be more than just a random baseball player making a despicable comment in the stands. Fields would have to alledge that Kirby and the coaching staff discrimated against him based on his race. If that claim is legitimized than it would be very bad public relations for UGA. Could get more interesting for Dawg fans.
I would not be surprised if the NCAA allow the transfer without sitting out as they have never considered the SEC a favored conference whereas the Big 10 is teflon. Even when the Big 10 get punished for aggregious acts a la Joe Pa, Michigan 5, Ohio State loss of moral compass this season, etc., the punishments are reversed and go away. On top of that OSU gave CUM a job teaching ethics which is definitely an oxymoron if ever there is.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I would not be surprised if the NCAA allow the transfer without sitting out as they have never considered the SEC a favored conference whereas the Big 10 is teflon. Even when the Big 10 get punished for aggregious acts a la Joe Pa, Michigan 5, Ohio State loss of moral compass this season, etc., the punishments are reversed and go away. On top of that OSU gave CUM a job teaching ethics which is definitely an oxymoron if ever there is.
Have another drink.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

reading one of their boards earlier this week for sustenance, i saw quite a few of the "next year is when herschel comes back" jawjuh crowd talking about how 2019 was the year they really expected to dominate.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

The article said Fields would appeal to play immediately where ever he goes........does anyone know on what basis he might appeal? Or, on what basis would the NCAA grant an appeal?
Do what our guy did when he wanted to go to Kirby. Get you Momma to cry on camera, get some media types to spread the "its not fair to do this poor kid" like this and I'll bet it will work.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If Fields is granted immediate eligibility they might as well just announce that anyone can transfer and play right away. Between Fields, Barnett and Shea Patterson that's what's happening anyways..
But but somebody in the stands yelled a bad word in his general vicinity....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

Do what our guy did when he wanted to go to Kirby. Get you Momma to cry on camera, get some media types to spread the "its not fair to do this poor kid" like this and I'll bet it will work.
Smith was a graduate transfer, he wouldn’t have to sit anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But but somebody in the stands yelled a bad word in his general vicinity....
You guys know that I am a Buckeye, so I'll offer my perspective on the transfer.

First, we are lucky to get Fields. He is the highest rated player coming out of high school to every put on a Buckeye uniform. I am not sure how that will work out, but Pryor was the highest rated guy before Fields, and he was great for our program.

Second, I don't believe that Fields should be granted the waver to play immediately, but I think that he will. Why? Because it was a fellow student athlete who screamed the racial slur, not a fan. That is an important distinction because it adds an institutional element to the equation. The NCAA is not going to take a hit for denying something like this. It plays two cards at once - the race card and the hostile work environment card.

Third, Harbaugh can't be happy about this, which makes me happy. :biggrin2:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I do have one question though about the transfer...If he's so worried about his well being in Athens, why is he leaving his sister on the UGA campus?
You guys know that I am a Buckeye, so I'll offer my perspective on the transfer.

First, we are lucky to get Fields. He is the highest rated player coming out of high school to every put on a Buckeye uniform. I am not sure how that will work out, but Pryor was the highest rated guy before Fields, and he was great for our program.

Second, I don't believe that Fields should be granted the waver to play immediately, but I think that he will. Why? Because it was a fellow student athlete who screamed the racial slur, not a fan. That is an important distinction because it adds an institutional element to the equation. The NCAA is not going to take a hit for denying something like this. It plays two cards at once - the race card and the hostile work environment card.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I do have one question though about the transfer...If he's so worried about his well being in Athens, why is he leaving his sister on the UGA campus?
You play the cards that you are dealt. That student who yelled at him dealt him a full house. Should he not play it?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I doubt Fields could beat out Tate Martell. I just don’t see the vibe surrounding Fields

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I doubt Fields could beat out Tate Martell. I just don’t see the vibe surrounding Fields
Watch his HS film. Watch the Elite 11 film. He is very, very talented. But I agree that Tate is our 2019 QB.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Watch his HS film. Watch the Elite 11 film. He is very, very talented. But I agree that Tate is our 2019 QB.
He may look good in HS, but he seems aww struck all year with the exception of the Tennessee game. I get Kirby probably didn’t use him properly but at some point we need to see the potential. I don’t think anyone feared his potential.

From what I’ve seen of Tate and what I’ve seen of Fields (HS and college) I believe Tate is far and away more ready for this stage than Fields. And I totally despise Tate’s attitude.

I could be wrong like I was with Kyler Murray, but I’m just not on that hype train for Fields

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.