Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So has Haskins even said he’s going pro? And what about the QB’s who have been in the program? It just doesn’t seem like a good move for Fields if he was wanting a starting job somewhere. Is he going to jump ship if he doesn’t start at OSU?
Haskins and Fields have apparently been social media friends for a while. Not sure if Haskins offered him advice the transfer or not. I would be shocked if Haskins were to decide to return to OSU, but I would be very happy.

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
Interesting rumor that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers may be taking a look at Kirby.

His agent probably floated this out for him to keep UGA fans from getting too restless and silence any criticism. He's catching a slight bit of heat after losing to Alabama again, essentially at home, and the debacle at the Sugar Bowl. He's not going anywhere.

The KS ego is easily bruised and needs to be constantly massaged.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don’t think he makes that jump, but, who knows . The fanbase has really been down on Kirby lately.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think Arians will be the next HC at Tampa Bay (and really, who'd want that job?). Kirby might work this into a raise, though. And, once your name is out there for one HC spot, others might show an interest. I've never heard him say he had any interest in coaching in the NFL, but I haven't heard him say he wouldn't consider it, either.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think Arians will be the next HC at Tampa Bay (and really, who'd want that job?). Kirby might work this into a raise, though. And, once your name is out there for one HC spot, others might show an interest. I've never heard him say he had any interest in coaching in the NFL, but I haven't heard him say he wouldn't consider it, either.
Kirby is young enough that if he wants to scratch that itch, now would be the time, IMO. But like you, I've no idea if he's interested.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If he leaves Georgia, then whew... the meltdown that they will have... and I agree.. now is the time to test his itch if he wants to try NFL.. but I doubt he would do that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If he ever wants to return to Georgia if the NFL doesn't work out for him then he needs to win a championship there first. Leave now and he will burn bridges the way that RichRod did at WVU.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If he ever wants to return to Georgia if the NFL doesn't work out for him then he needs to win a championship there first. Leave now and he will burn bridges the way that RichRod did at WVU.
I think that would depend on how successful he was in the NFL

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.