Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

The article said Fields would appeal to play immediately where ever he goes........does anyone know on what basis he might appeal? Or, on what basis would the NCAA grant an appeal?
Remember those racist comments and the baseball player? It’ll be along those lines

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018

The article said Fields would appeal to play immediately where ever he goes........does anyone know on what basis he might appeal? Or, on what basis would the NCAA grant an appeal?
What struck me with this comment, was grab the popcorn.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama

Florida or Oklahoma?

I can't believe anyone hasn't put Auburn in the mix. Well they have on aufamily. A few of them anyway.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Never got why some in the fanbase were turning on Fromm around midseason. The kid is fantastic and maybe the win two games against us in the last year if they didn't spend most of the second half taking the ball out of his hands.
You know how it is... the fans always want the wonder kid, the next new thing.

Here's an update from ESPN. This is not a done deal yet, but Fields and his Father have apparently had multiple meetings with Kirby to discuss his future.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stin-fields-exploring-transfer-return-georgia

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I agree with JBama, who didn't see this coming prior to the season even starting. The same thing at Clemson. I think UF has their own 5 star true freshman QB who saw little playing time this year, Bazz can chime in on this. If Fields wants playing time at a school that will showcase his talents then OU would be an excellent location. In the SEC, auburn will certainly have an opening although Nix will be a true freshman. Bentley at USCe has one more year of eligibility, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas and UT all need a QB. LSU could come into play since this is Burrow's last season. Of course if he has to sit then that changes the dynamics. My money, if he stays in the SEC is Tennessee. Outside the SEC probably Oklahoma. Gonna be a fun off season.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Pump the brakes?

Member of Georgia QB Justin Fields’ family: ‘We have not made any decisions’

Asked if she could confirm reports that her son intends to transfer from Georgia, Fields’ stepmother said she could not. But she also didn’t deny them.

“We’re not at liberty to discuss anything,” Jo Ann Claudrick Fields said via telephone Monday night. “We’re not confirming or denying anything. We have not made any decisions.”
Fields’ stepmother was responding to questions about a USA Today report by Dan Wolken late Monday night citing anonymous sources that the freshman quarterback intends to leave Georgia seeking a transfer. Using the word “we” several times, it appeared the family was together discussing the situation Monday night.

Fields’ mother, Gina Tobey, said she didn’t know anything about it but to call Justin’s father.
“He handles everything involving football,” she said.
But Ivant Fields did not return calls seeking comment. Neither did Fields himself, Georgia coach Kirby Smart, or Fields’ high school coach.

The fact that Fields’ stepmother said a decision hasn’t been made is a development in itself. Fields told DawgNation after the SEC Championship Game that he was happy at Georgia, loved his teammates and planned to continue to compete with Jake Fromm for the starting quarterback’s job.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Not a done deal yet, but if I was a betting man I'd lean towards Fields transferring. Chip Towers provides the latest below:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/justin-fields-family-member-we-havent-made-a-decision-yet

In any event; two 5* QB's, both ranked #1 in their respective classes have tried to beat out Jake Fromm and failed. Food for thought.
I get the love for Fromm, but can we really say Eason didn’t beat him out? He was Wally Pipp’ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

For those who have mentioned Florida - no way do I see this happening.

We already have returning (he was red shirted this season) freshman Emory Jones who is an extremely talented dual purpose.

I don't blame you though for thinking we needed one after watching Franks this season. ;)

Franks will be back next year along with Emory Jones and Kyle Trask and freshman 4 star dual threat Jalon Jones.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

But, I thought Fields was a darn good Dawg! Willing To sit behind Fromm like Shockley sat behind Greene. I mean, I heard that this morning from a Dawg with ‘sources’ .

What about Plumlee, didn’t they ask him to blueshirt. My understanding, he has some kind feelings that were not all positive toward Kirby Smart.

Last edited:

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017

Florida or Oklahoma?

I can't believe anyone hasn't put Auburn in the mix. Well they have on aufamily. A few of them anyway.
They only take 'em when they leave town a half step ahead of the high sheriff.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

For those who have mentioned Florida - no way do I see this happening.

We already have returning (he was red shirted this season) freshman Emory Jones who is an extremely talented dual purpose.

I don't blame you though for thinking we needed one after watching Franks this season. ;)

Franks will be back next year along with Emory Jones and Kyle Trask and freshman 4 star dual threat Jalon Jones.
I completely forgot about Emory Jones.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

As Bill said, this is the new reality in college football. I still blame this on his parents. They should have had enough insight to know that Fromm was a true sophomore who started his freshman year and took the team to the NC finals. Fromm, barring injury, will be a four year starter so Fields would only have one year to start if he stayed. I forgot that Ga Tech has a new HC whose offensive philosophy will probably fit Fields.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

As Bill said, this is the new reality in college football. I still blame this on his parents. They should have had enough insight to know that Fromm was a true sophomore who started his freshman year and took the team to the NC finals. Fromm, barring injury, will be a four year starter so Fields would only have one year to start if he stayed. I forgot that Ga Tech has a new HC whose offensive philosophy will probably fit Fields.
Fromm will most likely be gone to the NFL after next season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.