Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford - Page 3
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    UHGG!! Can't ..Unsee...The..Guy ... With ..The ...Helmet!!!
    Yeah...what the heck happened to the implied profanity policy?

BamaNation First Team Tider n LA's Avatar

Florida or Oklahoma?

I can't believe anyone hasn't put Auburn in the mix. Well they have on aufamily. A few of them anyway.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Never got why some in the fanbase were turning on Fromm around midseason. The kid is fantastic and maybe the win two games against us in the last year if they didn't spend most of the second half taking the ball out of his hands.
    You know how it is... the fans always want the wonder kid, the next new thing.

Here's an update from ESPN. This is not a done deal yet, but Fields and his Father have apparently had multiple meetings with Kirby to discuss his future.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...return-georgia

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I agree with JBama, who didn't see this coming prior to the season even starting. The same thing at Clemson. I think UF has their own 5 star true freshman QB who saw little playing time this year, Bazz can chime in on this. If Fields wants playing time at a school that will showcase his talents then OU would be an excellent location. In the SEC, auburn will certainly have an opening although Nix will be a true freshman. Bentley at USCe has one more year of eligibility, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas and UT all need a QB. LSU could come into play since this is Burrow's last season. Of course if he has to sit then that changes the dynamics. My money, if he stays in the SEC is Tennessee. Outside the SEC probably Oklahoma. Gonna be a fun off season.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Pump the brakes?

Member of Georgia QB Justin Fields’ family: ‘We have not made any decisions’

Asked if she could confirm reports that her son intends to transfer from Georgia, Fields’ stepmother said she could not. But she also didn’t deny them.

“We’re not at liberty to discuss anything,” Jo Ann Claudrick Fields said via telephone Monday night. “We’re not confirming or denying anything. We have not made any decisions.”
    Fields’ stepmother was responding to questions about a USA Today report by Dan Wolken late Monday night citing anonymous sources that the freshman quarterback intends to leave Georgia seeking a transfer. Using the word “we” several times, it appeared the family was together discussing the situation Monday night.

Fields’ mother, Gina Tobey, said she didn’t know anything about it but to call Justin’s father.
    “He handles everything involving football,” she said.
    But Ivant Fields did not return calls seeking comment. Neither did Fields himself, Georgia coach Kirby Smart, or Fields’ high school coach.

The fact that Fields’ stepmother said a decision hasn’t been made is a development in itself. Fields told DawgNation after the SEC Championship Game that he was happy at Georgia, loved his teammates and planned to continue to compete with Jake Fromm for the starting quarterback’s job.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Not a done deal yet, but if I was a betting man I'd lean towards Fields transferring. Chip Towers provides the latest below:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...a-decision-yet

In any event; two 5* QB's, both ranked #1 in their respective classes have tried to beat out Jake Fromm and failed. Food for thought.
    I get the love for Fromm, but can we really say Eason didn’t beat him out? He was Wally Pipp’ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

UF QB, Emory Jones true freshman.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

For those who have mentioned Florida - no way do I see this happening.

We already have returning (he was red shirted this season) freshman Emory Jones who is an extremely talented dual purpose.

I don't blame you though for thinking we needed one after watching Franks this season.

Franks will be back next year along with Emory Jones and Kyle Trask and freshman 4 star dual threat Jalon Jones.

But, I thought Fields was a darn good Dawg! Willing To sit behind Fromm like Shockley sat behind Greene. I mean, I heard that this morning from a Dawg with ‘sources’ .

What about Plumlee, didn’t they ask him to blueshirt. My understanding, he has some kind feelings that were not all positive toward Kirby Smart.
    Last edited by bamaga; December 17th, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tider n LA View Post
    Florida or Oklahoma?

I can't believe anyone hasn't put Auburn in the mix. Well they have on aufamily. A few of them anyway.
    They only take 'em when they leave town a half step ahead of the high sheriff.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    For those who have mentioned Florida - no way do I see this happening.

We already have returning (he was red shirted this season) freshman Emory Jones who is an extremely talented dual purpose.

I don't blame you though for thinking we needed one after watching Franks this season.

Franks will be back next year along with Emory Jones and Kyle Trask and freshman 4 star dual threat Jalon Jones.
    I completely forgot about Emory Jones.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

As Bill said, this is the new reality in college football. I still blame this on his parents. They should have had enough insight to know that Fromm was a true sophomore who started his freshman year and took the team to the NC finals. Fromm, barring injury, will be a four year starter so Fields would only have one year to start if he stayed. I forgot that Ga Tech has a new HC whose offensive philosophy will probably fit Fields.
    Last edited by GrayTide; December 17th, 2018 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I completely forgot about Emory Jones.
    Hoping he's our starter next year. Coach Mullen said he'll have an open competition, so nothing is certain I guess.