Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

By getting listed in the portal, you allow other schools to talk to the player. But it does not mean that he has to go through with the transfer.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018

Good info B1gTide. The bigger story may be yet to come, though. If Fields is allowed to play in 2019 (without sitting out a year) because his claim of racial animus at Georgia is legitimized that would have a huge negative impact on the Georgia football program. Also, as some other poster noted, the door to unrestricted undergraduate free agency would be thrown wide open. Maybe the whole race discrimination claim is just a rumor but for the NCAA to give him a waiver there would certainly have to be more than just a random baseball player making a despicable comment in the stands. Fields would have to alledge that Kirby and the coaching staff discrimated against him based on his race. If that claim is legitimized than it would be very bad public relations for UGA. Could get more interesting for Dawg fans.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I don't care where you go there will always be someone bigger, faster, better, smarter, tougher, ect. That's just part of life and sticking it out and competing builds character. Quitting and going somewhere else may prove beneficial for a while, but who knows who might transfer in or be recruited that may be better than you.
How would you like to have gone to school with Steve Austin. Astronaut. A man barely alive.

??????

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I expect he is gone. Barring injury he's going to continue to sit at UGA and he knows it (and so does his father). All sorts of Power 5 teams will make him promises they may or may not be able to keep.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Would like to go after Ford if we could because I reckon that Irv Smith is probably go after 2019

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

There’s a video of Fields walking off the field after the South Carolina game. Can’t post because of language, but it’s pretty evident he wasn’t happy about how little he was used.

Now with Ford possibly transferring, have to wonder what all Kirby sold guys last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

That tweet was from before Fields was in the portal (he is now), but it shows that Ford was already in it. With Nuata likely gone to the NFL, this is a blow to UGA's TE depth.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Would like to go after Ford if we could because I reckon that Irv Smith is probably go after 2019
I would say Irv is gone after this year, but that’s a discussion for another thread.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005

Good info B1gTide. The bigger story may be yet to come, though. If Fields is allowed to play in 2019 (without sitting out a year) because his claim of racial animus at Georgia is legitimized that would have a huge negative impact on the Georgia football program. Also, as some other poster noted, the door to unrestricted undergraduate free agency would be thrown wide open. Maybe the whole race discrimination claim is just a rumor but for the NCAA to give him a waiver there would certainly have to be more than just a random baseball player making a despicable comment in the stands. Fields would have to alledge that Kirby and the coaching staff discrimated against him based on his race. If that claim is legitimized than it would be very bad public relations for UGA. Could get more interesting for Dawg fans.
The racial aspect is touchy. There was definitely a baseball player who yelled racial slurs at him from the stands and the guy was kicked off the team. As someone who has never had to experience that, who am I to say if it warrants immediate eligibility. I just hope that was the extent of it. I guess I would be surprised if he doesn’t have to sit out a year assuming it was limited to that one instance.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Kirby thought he had Tua in Fields...guess he was wrong about that :biggrin:
It reminds me of Lyod Carr botching a National Championship by playing the QB hokey pokey between Brady and Henson in 1999.

Kirby truly believes he is an elite coach because he can beat a few wimps in the east and get to Atlanta. but just wait until Mullen rebuilds Florida... this moronic coaching is going to start to catch up with Kirby once Florida rises again, and with The debacles at FSU and Miami that could be within the next 2 years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Some talk that there could be a few more guys from UGA’s class on the way out.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Some talk that there could be a few more guys from UGA’s class on the way out.

Recruiting class rankings don't mean much, if you can't hold on to them...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Recruiting class rankings don't mean much, if you can't hold on to them...
Kirby holding onto the big recruiting class like it’s a lead in a championship game.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The racial aspect is touchy. There was definitely a baseball player who yelled racial slurs at him from the stands and the guy was kicked off the team.
And yet his family feels that he's so threatened that his sister Jaiden also attends UGA.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Kirby holding onto the big recruiting class like it’s a lead in a championship game.

OH LORT

I nearly spit out my Trim Tab Holiday Now (Merry Christmas everyone)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

And yet his family feels that he's so threatened that his sister Jaiden also attends UGA.
I'd buy the argument if he had left the team after that episode but his participation went up so I got to assume his performance in practice was not hurting. Will the NCAA buy it? It is a great argument for an institution like the NCAA because they're all about appearances over reality and this will make them look good.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.