Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford - Page 8
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
Results 92 to 104 of 402
  1. #92
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,917

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    The difference is that Tua looked to be a more effective QB for an offense that was mired by a lack of downfield passing.

    No sensible person would argue that Fields would be the better option at Georgia.
    And that's where Kirby failed. He played him with the sole intention of handing the ball off instead of letting him throw. What good does that do?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  2. #93
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,987

    Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

    That article makes a pretty good point - Fields was not really developed as a passing talent this year at GA. If that is why he wants to leave as opposed to the competition then I understand.

  3. #94
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    441

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Maybe I'm just getting old and am accustomed to the way players, particularly QBs, were groomed before being anointed the starter, but what did Fields think was going to happen in his true freshman year? Did he legitimately think he was going to just waltz in and take over?

    Before Fields, Jacob Eason was the most celebrated QB signing UGA has had other than Stafford, and Fromm was able to come in and take over his starting role as a true freshman. Granted, Eason got hurt in game one of last year, but he held on to the job once Eason was healthy, and he did so by playing good football. I just can't believe Fields thought he would have no problem taking over.

    I have no idea where the consensus among Georgia fans stand on this issue, but I would say good riddance to Fields because it sounds like he has entitlement issues which can't be good for the lockerroom.

  4. #95
    BamaNation All-SEC CoachJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Shelby County Alabama
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    And that's where Kirby failed. He played him with the sole intention of handing the ball off instead of letting him throw. What good does that do?
    I don't really have a problem with how he was used. They called more passes for him than runs this year. The only odd thing was how he was brought in in the middle of games, it would have been better to start his mop up time earlier.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

  5. #96
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    34,665

    Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Kirby completely botched this situation.

    There was plenty of talk of Kirby promising things he couldn't fulfill to members of the 2018 recruiting class. Have to wonder what he might have promised Fields.

    Then, we get to the season, and there was no apparent structure to how the QBs would play. No real sense of Fromm being the #1 guy with Fields being groomed as the backup. Instead, we see Fields come in for a play or two for the package of plays they have for him, which appeared to be zone-read stuff. There was nothing to make opponents leery of the Elite 11 MVP actually throwing the ball when he came in for a play or two.

    Once Fromm became the guy, Fields then gets the expected backup reps and actually throws the ball some. Too late then.

    Come the SECCG, Kirby uses him the way they did the first part of the season.

    Before anyone says the coaches might not have trusted him to throw, I would suggest you don't play him in those situations then. What good does him running the same set of run plays in one or two play spurts do you when Fromm is doing well?

    Also....

    Report: Ohio State is frontrunner for Georgia QB Justin Fields

    don't you see the brilliance. kirby was setting up that 4th and 11 fake the entire season.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  6. #97
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    9,750

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Eye View Post
    Maybe I'm just getting old and am accustomed to the way players, particularly QBs, were groomed before being anointed the starter, but what did Fields think was going to happen in his true freshman year? Did he legitimately think he was going to just waltz in and take over?

    Before Fields, Jacob Eason was the most celebrated QB signing UGA has had other than Stafford, and Fromm was able to come in and take over his starting role as a true freshman. Granted, Eason got hurt in game one of last year, but he held on to the job once Eason was healthy, and he did so by playing good football. I just can't believe Fields thought he would have no problem taking over.

    I have no idea where the consensus among Georgia fans stand on this issue, but I would say good riddance to Fields because it sounds like he has entitlement issues which can't be good for the lockerroom.
    Once Fromm won the game @ South Bend then Kirby couldnít go back to Eason. It was like Bledsoe to Brady.

    I think Eason is better and will prove it next year, but I canít fault Kirby for how he handled that situation.

  7. #98
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,243

    Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Eye View Post
    Maybe I'm just getting old and am accustomed to the way players, particularly QBs, were groomed before being anointed the starter, but what did Fields think was going to happen in his true freshman year? Did he legitimately think he was going to just waltz in and take over?

    Before Fields, Jacob Eason was the most celebrated QB signing UGA has had other than Stafford, and Fromm was able to come in and take over his starting role as a true freshman. Granted, Eason got hurt in game one of last year, but he held on to the job once Eason was healthy, and he did so by playing good football. I just can't believe Fields thought he would have no problem taking over.

    I have no idea where the consensus among Georgia fans stand on this issue, but I would say good riddance to Fields because it sounds like he has entitlement issues which can't be good for the lockerroom.
    Just change the name of Fields to Jalen or Tua and it's basically the same story.

    The things we don't know about the Fields situation vs. Jalen and Tua is what the HC told them. We know what CNS told Jalen and Tua, but we don't know what Kirby told Fields.

    Judging, based on what is happening, is Kirby made promises his butt couldn't keep.

  8. #99
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,917

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    I don't really have a problem with how he was used. They called more passes for him than runs this year. The only odd thing was how he was brought in in the middle of games, it would have been better to start his mop up time earlier.
    Where are you getting that? He had 39 passing attempts and 42 rushing attempts (some could have been scrambles, though). Also, 24 of his 39 attempts came against Austin Peay, MTSU, and UMass. That wasn't my point, though. He handed the ball off numerous times, too. Appeared he was brought in to run option plays most of the time.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  9. #100
    BamaNation All-SEC CoachJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Shelby County Alabama
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Where are you getting that? He had 39 passing attempts and 42 rushing attempts (some could have been scrambles, though). Also, 24 of his 39 attempts came against Austin Peay, MTSU, and UMass. That wasn't my point, though. He handed the ball off numerous times, too. Appeared he was brought in to run option plays most of the time.
    A lot of his rushes were called passes. Not sure the exact number, but I'd guess they called at least 50 passes, not 39.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

  10. #101
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAWJA
    Posts
    6,846

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Smart seemed to try to develop Fields the way Meyer developed Tebow. Spot plays , running mostly. Special situations. Game time with a little pressure. Instead of long periods of mop up.
    to 16 and beyond........

  11. #102
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,556

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Justin fields released a statement last night saying he is transferring.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  12. #103
    BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    3,552

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    What is Jacob Eason doing these days? I know he transferred to Washington, but I assume he sat out a year due to transferring. He should be able to start now that Browning is graduating.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

    Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

  13. #104
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,917

    Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    A lot of his rushes were called passes. Not sure the exact number, but I'd guess they called at least 50 passes, not 39.
    I would love to see a breakdown by someone if possible. Taking the cupcakes out, his stats from the 8 games he recorded stats look like:

    9-15
    73 yards
    0 TDs

    29 rushes
    102 yards
    2 TDs


    Those numbers don't really indicate they gave him much of a chance to throw outside of the easy games.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Justin fields released a statement last night saying he is transferring.
    He did? No one appears to be reporting it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

Alabama Crimson Tide gear at Fanatics.com