Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

its 7am here in atlanta and sports radio is just hilarious. seems fields has been mad all year long about playing time along with his father. The buzz is he is going to petition the ncaa to not sit out a year when he transfers because of a caustic racial atmosphere. Oh lord, here we go.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If he goes to tOSU then he is a moron. Tate Martell is leagues better than fieldy
I agree, but his size kept him off the field under Meyer. now, Day wants a passer, not a scrambler. Fields is not a good fit for Day's offense, nor is Tate.

Fields is not likely to beat out Rattler at OU. While he has some experience at GA, it is a completely different offense and he would have no advantage going into Spring camp. If Rattler is as good as he has looked, it would take someone like Jalen to beat him out next year.

If he goes to FSU - well, he would be crazy to go to FSU. They are terrible, and a QB is not going to make a difference.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

its 7am here in atlanta and sports radio is just hilarious. seems fields has been mad all year long about playing time along with his father. The buzz is he is going to petition the ncaa to not sit out a year when he transfers because of a caustic racial atmosphere. Oh lord, here we go.
Well, there was a documented incident with a baseball player. The BB player was let go.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Heck I'd take him. I don't know much about him but I'd have no problem with him competing to be Tua's successor. I'm sure he wants to play right away and a more guaranteed job then he'd find here though.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

If he wants to stay in the SEC and play right away then his choices would mostly be, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas and Tennessee. My money would be on UT if he stays in the SEC. He might be better off going outside the SEC, Ga Tech, UNC, Miami or elsewhere in the ACC.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It's surprising how few snaps Fields has taken this season.
I agree, but I also understand. They needed Fromm to continue to develop. He showed improvement late last year and into the playoffs, but in his early games this year he seemed to take a step backward. He was getting stuck on his first read again early this year. He seemed to be turning it around, then came the LSU game.

At that point Smart had to make a decision, and he decided to just live or die with Fromm. I think that this decision is probably what helped Fromm turn the corner. He was told that he was going to be the guy, win or lose. He stopped looking over his shoulder and just balled. Fields became secondary to the team, and it cost him playing time.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Well, there was a documented incident with a baseball player. The BB player was let go.
If I understand correctly the baseball player made the comments from the stands. Fields never heard them. The comments were relayed from others in the stands.

If that's enough to get a hardship waiver then just go ahead and allow anyone to transfer at any time for any reason.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

If he wants to stay in the SEC and play right away then his choices would mostly be, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas and Tennessee. My money would be on UT if he stays in the SEC. He might be better off going outside the SEC, Ga Tech, UNC, Miami or elsewhere in the ACC.
I’ve read somewhere yesterday that Richt just had the largest mass exodus of a recruiting class in history. I think Fields would start, but why jump on a sinking ship?

I think like I do with Jalen, they are going to go to the Big XII to showcase. But I see far more upside and a ceiling for Jalen.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Justin Fields (potentially) Leaving Georgia

I agree, but I also understand. They needed Fromm to continue to develop. He showed improvement late last year and into the playoffs, but in his early games this year he seemed to take a step backward. He was getting stuck on his first read again early this year. He seemed to be turning it around, then came the LSU game.

At that point Smart had to make a decision, and he decided to just live or die with Fromm. I think that this decision is probably what helped Fromm turn the corner. He was told that he was going to be the guy, win or lose. He stopped looking over his shoulder and just balled. Fields became secondary to the team, and it cost him playing time.
I think Kirby made the most moronic move in recent history by playing the QB hokey pokey after the Tennessee game. You go with the horse that got you there and don’t let the Colt that you think might be better down the line distract you from doing your job. UGA probably got better with Fields transferring.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

Transferring to OU would be interesting but risky. The QB room at OU is potentially very talented after KM leaves. KENDALL, our #2 is pretty darn good but the real competition will come from Tanner Mordecai and Spencer Rattler. It's been done before...Mayfield, but Trevor Knight, notwithstanding his zoned performance vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl was not competition like Mordecai and Rattler will likely be.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

If I understand correctly the baseball player made the comments from the stands. Fields never heard them. The comments were relayed from others in the stands.
Apparently someone in the stands heard the slur, and posted it on a website called "Overheard at UGA". And it occurred during the UGA-Tenn game on Sep 29. The baseball player is an idiot, and was dismissed by UGA. Throwing racial slurs around are stupid, and have no place in our society. But the timing of the incident and how the info was actually revealed to Fields do not make grounds for transfer 3 months later IMO. But that's not my call, and I long ago gave up trying to predict what the NCAA will do.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/g...-by-uga-baseball-player-toward-justin-fields/

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018

I don't like this attitude of "I'm not the star here, so let me transfer to a school where I can be the star". Quarterbacks coming out of high school these days want instant gratification. I know Fields is really talented, but it's not like Fromm was doing terrible as the starting QB. The argument may be "Well, Fields has a higher ceiling". That might be true, but I would argue that his ceiling is not much higher than Fromm's.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

It's surprising how few snaps Fields has taken this season.
I think Kirby showed his immaturity as a Coach in player management with Fields this year.

What little I saw of Georgia, the times Fields would enter the game were basically just wasted snaps that robbed the Georgia offense of a successful series.

He did it once or twice in the Bama game. One time, late in the game and it put Georgia in a 2nd and long at a very bad time in the game. And then there's the infamous fake punt play!

Welcome to the big time of managing stars Kirby!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I think Kirby showed his immaturity as a Coach in player management with Fields this year.

What little I saw of Georgia, the times Fields would enter the game where basically just wasted snaps that robbed the Georgia offense of a successful series.

He did it once or twice in the Bama game. One time, late in the game and it put Georgia in a 2nd and long at a very bad time in the game.

Welcome to the big time of managing stars Kirby!
The mistakes couldn't happen to a nicer coach either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.