Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

There was a guy who called into the Finebaum show a few weeks ago. He had something to do with High School sports in Georgia. He said Fields would transfer after the season. I guess he was right.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

it has been a rumor for a while, but UGA fans were in full denial mode. I hope he transfers to Tech or Florida and beats them.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

The article said Fields would appeal to play immediately where ever he goes........does anyone know on what basis he might appeal? Or, on what basis would the NCAA grant an appeal?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I think this is a bad call. He will not be starting in 2020 one way or another, so I don't understand the move on his part. I will say that I thought Smart threw him under the bus by inferring he made the wrong sight adjustment on the fake punt. Maybe he felt misled in recruitment or that the locker room didn't care for him.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Gonna be hard for him to get that appeal granted.............of course, Maurice Smith was able to transfer and play for UGA, so who knows what might happen
Yep. We will also see what a hypocrite Kirby is when he tries to block where Fields goes. I can understand Fields' frustration because he would basically come in for one play, almost always a run, and come back out. Some games it only happened one time and he got no other plays the rest of the game.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Yep. We will also see what a hypocrite Kirby is when he tries to block where Fields goes. I can understand Fields' frustration because he would basically come in for one play, almost always a run, and come back out. Some games it only happened one time and he got no other plays the rest of the game.
I don't think Kirby will be able to block him this time...............he may end up at Florida

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Gonna be hard for him to get that appeal granted.............of course, Maurice Smith was able to transfer and play for UGA, so who knows what might happen
That was an SEC rule that was ignored for M. Smith. NCAA is not gonna grant a year of eligibility unless his family is ill and the transfer is to be closer to them.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Not a done deal yet, but if I was a betting man I'd lean towards Fields transferring. Chip Towers provides the latest below:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/justin-fields-family-member-we-havent-made-a-decision-yet

In any event; two 5* QB's, both ranked #1 in their respective classes have tried to beat out Jake Fromm and failed. Food for thought.
Never got why some in the fanbase were turning on Fromm around midseason. The kid is fantastic and maybe the win two games against us in the last year if they didn't spend most of the second half taking the ball out of his hands.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.