Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: Justin Fields Leaving Georgia

As Bill said, this is the new reality in college football. I still blame this on his parents. They should have had enough insight to know that Fromm was a true sophomore who started his freshman year and took the team to the NC finals. Fromm, barring injury, will be a four year starter so Fields would only have one year to start if he stayed. I forgot that Ga Tech has a new HC whose offensive philosophy will probably fit Fields.
Ga Tech desperately needs a QB. They don't have a single QB on scholarship. They need a transfer QB and a couple of freshman signees to be the back-ups. I heard an interview with their new coach and he said this would be ideal, but they have to find a way to use the 13 runningbacks they currently have.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

You know how it is... the fans always want the wonder kid, the next new thing.

Here's an update from ESPN. This is not a done deal yet, but Fields and his Father have apparently had multiple meetings with Kirby to discuss his future.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stin-fields-exploring-transfer-return-georgia
Justin’s father Pablo has been in Kirby’s ear ever since he signed last year.

Truthfully it might be best for UGA if Justin does move on. Pablo seems to like to flap his gums.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Right now I, arm-chair NFL scout, would have Fromm as 2nd on the QB board in the 2020 class if he declared.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

... They should have had enough insight to know that ______ was a true sophomore who started his freshman year and took the team to the NC finals...
... put a different name in that blank and it would read very familiar ;)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Regarding the possibility of transfer to OU there is history there. Didn’t Nate Hybil transfer from UGA to OU about 15 yrs ago??

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Fields coming to Alabama and beating Georgia in the SEC title game on a successful fake punt he executes would be the most Georgia move in the history of Georgia.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Hoping he's our starter next year. Coach Mullen said he'll have an open competition, so nothing is certain I guess.
Coach Mullen will make Florida a better, Stronger team, if the boosters stay out of the way.
Dan is a good recruiter, and Florida is a talent rich state.
I hope Florida will be a real force in the East.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018

I think Tua will play one more year and then go to NFL in 2020...even if he played all 4 and declared for the 2021 draft class...i honestly don't think he'll go ahead of Lawerence because NFL scouts will be drooling over the 6'6" height...fast (did you see him run down Clempson's running back to block for him (Etiene) ...rocket arm and smart.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

The article said Fields would appeal to play immediately where ever he goes........does anyone know on what basis he might appeal? Or, on what basis would the NCAA grant an appeal?
NCAA ruling: Immediate eligibility granted for Fields' having been subjected to cruel and inhumane punishment by Coach "Too" Smart (For His Own Good), saddling the applicant with the QB-shaming nickname Justin "Mis-Playing" Fields.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.