They Shall Not Grow Old WW I film by Peter Jackson

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Looks like I’ll be going Wednesday. It is back in theaters until Wednesday at least at one theater around here.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Just got back from viewing it. Nothing I can say will measure up to describing it. You must see this, if the chance comes your way.

You also must stay the additional 1/2 hour, for the bit about how it was made. The whole endeavour is an amazing feat.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just got back from viewing it. Nothing I can say will measure up to describing it. You must see this, if the chance comes your way.

You also must stay the additional 1/2 hour, for the bit about how it was made. The whole endeavour is an amazing feat.
Nice touch with the British spelling there.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Saw it yesterday with my father. Both enjoyed it greatly. I thought they put a bit too much of the old jerky footage at the beginning although I know what they were trying to accomplish - and it worked, it did add to the juxtaposition when they went to the altered footage but I think it could have had the same effect starting it a bit sooner. It really does impact how you view the people in videos like that when you see them moving in a natural motion.

The documentary at the end was really awesome too. It was impressive what detail could be pulled from those darkened films. There should really be an ongoing effort aimed at doing this to any old archive of film to save and digitize it.

Also, those feet. :ack2:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I really hope they do some more with different following different countries and their veterans doing interviews in the future.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Playing at a small theatre here in Athens through at least March 7th. Really hope I'm able to see it while it's here (and will buy a DVD once available in the States).
Just FYI. I followed a series on YouTube that covered each week of WW l on its 100th anniversary. It began with the prelude to the war in 2014 to the Armistice and beyond up to the present. It wasn't always easy to follow all of the events on each front of the war but ultimately painted an excellent portrait of how wide spread the war was and the incredible conditions the men fought and died in. They visiting and filmed many of the battlefields in western Europe. Some of the same production team is undertaking covering World War ll week by week.

The YouTube channel

[video]https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar[/video]

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.