NY State Dissolves Trump Foundation Due to "Shocking Pattern of Illegality"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

NY State Dissolves Trump Foundation Due to "Shocking Pattern of Illegality"

In any other timeline, this would be the biggest political story in years. The NY AG is essentially calling the president and his immediate family criminals. And their investigation will continue.

A.G. Underwood Announces Stipulation Dissolving Trump Foundation Under Judicial Supervision, With AG Review Of Recipient Charities

Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation – including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more. This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests...

This is an important victory for the rule of law, making clear that there is one set of rules for everyone. We’ll continue to move our suit forward to ensure that the Trump Foundation and its directors are held to account for their clear and repeated violations of state and federal law.

Of course, some will be fine with all this because they're doing well personally.
    Last edited by CharminTide; December 18th, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Re: NY State Dissolves Trump Foundation Due to "Shocking Pattern of Illegality"

He seems like such a genuinely charitable, let-me-make-the-world-a-better-place kind of guy. Mind blown.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He seems like such a genuinely charitable, let-me-make-the-world-a-better-place kind of guy. Mind blown.
    Donald Trump stole $7 from his charity to cover the Boy Scouts admission fee for his son.

This is hardly the most egregious abuse of money from his foundation, but I just feel like it perfectly captures the utter pettiness of this family.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    In any other timeline, this would be the biggest political story in years. The NY AG basically is essentially calling the president and his immediate family criminals. And their investigation will continue.

A.G. Underwood Announces Stipulation Dissolving Trump Foundation Under Judicial Supervision, With AG Review Of Recipient Charities

Of course, some will be fine with all this because they're doing well personally.
    Discussion just now saying that the Trump family agreed to the settlement to avoid the civil discovery process that would open them up to divulging more incriminating information. I believe that the settlement as well does not preclude the the NYAG from pursuing criminal charges in the case.

This becomes and indicator that the Trump ponzi scheme will be taken apart over the years following his Presidency!

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

"Barzini's dead. So is Philip Tattaglia. Moe Greene, Strachi - Cuneo. Today I settle all family business…" - Don Michael Corleone

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Donald Trump stole $7 from his charity to cover the Boy Scouts admission fee for his son.

This is hardly the most egregious abuse of money from his foundation, but I just feel like it perfectly captures the utter pettiness of this family.
    Wow. It's the entitlement mentality turned on its head. If someone steals $70M (Ponzi scheme wealth manager, et.al.), I can at least understand the reason for it. The guy's a thief and is evil or gave in to temptation or whatever. But, for a "billionaire" to steal $7 - and petty is the perfect description - just makes one a thief and an a-hole. Totally no reason for it. Just an entitled, petty a-hole.
    Bodhi

Bodhi (face palm)

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    "Barzini's dead. So is Philip Tattaglia. Moe Greene, Strachi - Cuneo. Today I settle all family business…" - Don Michael Corleone
    Yeah, but the Trump version of the Godfather would just have the Don childishly mocking Moe Greene, et.al. via twitter. Movie wouldn't be as good.
    Bodhi

Bodhi (face palm)

Wow. It's the entitlement mentality turned on its head. If someone steals $70M (Ponzi scheme wealth manager, et.al.), I can at least understand the reason for it. The guy's a thief and is evil or gave in to temptation or whatever. But, for a "billionaire" to steal $7 - and petty is the perfect description - just makes one a thief and an a-hole. Totally no reason for it. Just an entitled, petty a-hole.
    and yet it is totally unsurprising with this family.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

But he is working for free. Cut him some slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Just went to Costco and got enough popcorn to last a while.
    Maybe we’ll hear from all the “doing so well” Trumpers again around, oh, maybe 2020.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Just went to Costco and got enough popcorn to last a while.
    Maybe we’ll hear from all the “doing so well” Trumpers again around, oh, maybe 2020.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Something something Clinton Foundation."

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

The more disgusting his behavior and scams, the better his base likes him. They truly are in a "burn it all down" mode.

is this the place where I mention that the State of New York feels that the people running this country are unfit to run a charity?
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett