NY State Dissolves Trump Foundation Due to "Shocking Pattern of Illegality"

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
In any other timeline, this would be the biggest political story in years. The NY AG is essentially calling the president and his immediate family criminals. And their investigation will continue.

A.G. Underwood Announces Stipulation Dissolving Trump Foundation Under Judicial Supervision, With AG Review Of Recipient Charities

Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation – including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more. This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests...

This is an important victory for the rule of law, making clear that there is one set of rules for everyone. We’ll continue to move our suit forward to ensure that the Trump Foundation and its directors are held to account for their clear and repeated violations of state and federal law.

Of course, some will be fine with all this because they're doing well personally.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Re: NY State Dissolves Trump Foundation Due to "Shocking Pattern of Illegality"

He seems like such a genuinely charitable, let-me-make-the-world-a-better-place kind of guy. Mind blown.
Donald Trump stole $7 from his charity to cover the Boy Scouts admission fee for his son.

This is hardly the most egregious abuse of money from his foundation, but I just feel like it perfectly captures the utter pettiness of this family.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

In any other timeline, this would be the biggest political story in years. The NY AG basically is essentially calling the president and his immediate family criminals. And their investigation will continue.

A.G. Underwood Announces Stipulation Dissolving Trump Foundation Under Judicial Supervision, With AG Review Of Recipient Charities

Of course, some will be fine with all this because they're doing well personally.
Discussion just now saying that the Trump family agreed to the settlement to avoid the civil discovery process that would open them up to divulging more incriminating information. I believe that the settlement as well does not preclude the the NYAG from pursuing criminal charges in the case.

This becomes and indicator that the Trump ponzi scheme will be taken apart over the years following his Presidency!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Donald Trump stole $7 from his charity to cover the Boy Scouts admission fee for his son.

This is hardly the most egregious abuse of money from his foundation, but I just feel like it perfectly captures the utter pettiness of this family.
Wow. It's the entitlement mentality turned on its head. If someone steals $70M (Ponzi scheme wealth manager, et.al.), I can at least understand the reason for it. The guy's a thief and is evil or gave in to temptation or whatever. But, for a "billionaire" to steal $7 - and petty is the perfect description - just makes one a thief and an a-hole. Totally no reason for it. Just an entitled, petty a-hole.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

"Barzini's dead. So is Philip Tattaglia. Moe Greene, Strachi - Cuneo. Today I settle all family business…" - Don Michael Corleone
Yeah, but the Trump version of the Godfather would just have the Don childishly mocking Moe Greene, et.al. via twitter. Movie wouldn't be as good.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Wow. It's the entitlement mentality turned on its head. If someone steals $70M (Ponzi scheme wealth manager, et.al.), I can at least understand the reason for it. The guy's a thief and is evil or gave in to temptation or whatever. But, for a "billionaire" to steal $7 - and petty is the perfect description - just makes one a thief and an a-hole. Totally no reason for it. Just an entitled, petty a-hole.
and yet it is totally unsurprising with this family.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

But he is working for free. Cut him some slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

Just went to Costco and got enough popcorn to last a while.
Maybe we’ll hear from all the “doing so well” Trumpers again around, oh, maybe 2020.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Just went to Costco and got enough popcorn to last a while.
Maybe we’ll hear from all the “doing so well” Trumpers again around, oh, maybe 2020.....

"Something something Clinton Foundation."

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The more disgusting his behavior and scams, the better his base likes him. They truly are in a "burn it all down" mode.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

is this the place where I mention that the State of New York feels that the people running this country are unfit to run a charity?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

is this the place where I mention that the State of New York feels that the people running this country are unfit to run a charity?
They know the "homeboy" best.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

The more disgusting his behavior and scams, the better his base likes him. They truly are in a "burn it all down" mode.
And not a one of them understands that, “when it all burns down”, they won’t be doing too well.
Then again, foresight was never one of their strong suits; neither was hindsight.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

And not a one of them understands that, “when it all burns down”, they won’t be doing too well.
Then again, foresight was never one of their strong suits; neither was hindsight.

they will just be spoon-fed another boogeyman to blame for all of their ills and will forget all about it. wash, rinse, repeat.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

One of the more extreme lib websites points out that the Trump Foundation being forced to sell off it's assets (a couple of portraits of Trump and an autographed Tim Tebow football helmet) is the first step in seeing all of Trump's ill-gotten gains seized and sold off. (Including real estate bought with laundered Russian money.)

Which promoted this thought: If Trump found himself in a situation where he had to choose between his keeping his wealth and keeping his kids out of jail...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

One of the more extreme lib websites points out that the Trump Foundation being forced to sell off it's assets (a couple of portraits of Trump and an autographed Tim Tebow football helmet) is the first step in seeing all of Trump's ill-gotten gains seized and sold off. (Including real estate bought with laundered Russian money.)

Which promoted this thought: If Trump found himself in a situation where he had to choose between his keeping his wealth and keeping his kids out of jail...
he'd keep the money

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.