Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    234

    Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Saw where ESPNís Tom Luginbill believes Alabamaís 2019 class could be Sabanís best class ever. He thought that if Alabama signs the remaining players he thinks they will, it will be the best ever.

    Wow to the Alabama Staff!

  2. #2
    News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    13,250

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Saw where ESPN’s Tom Luginbill believes Alabama’s 2019 class could be Saban’s best class ever. He thought that if Alabama signs the remaining players he thinks they will, it will be the best ever.

    Wow to the Alabama Staff!
    statistically, it would be...

  3. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,483

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    His first class here, he sold a dream with very little evidence to show them. The foundation was laid


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

  4. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,149

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    His best class so far was the 2017 class, and it's not close. On paper this class also looks just as impressive, but let's see them on the field.

  5. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,587

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    His best class so far was the 2017 class, and it's not close. On paper this class also looks just as impressive, but let's see them on the field.
    Yep, the on field '17 class is going to be hard to beat (and won't be on the offensive side of the ball).

  6. #6
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Saw where ESPNís Tom Luginbill believes Alabamaís 2019 class could be Sabanís best class ever. He thought that if Alabama signs the remaining players he thinks they will, it will be the best ever.
    Wow to the Alabama Staff!
    Last year was almost a perfect storm against Bama. New rules for early signing. Lots of the assist coaches already with new Jobs. Unknown players going to NFL. Unknown CFC performance after loosing to Clemson the previous year. New head coaches with Bama recruiting knowledge and recruiting plans. Other Coaches talking about CNSís age.

    This year has a more stable staff. Bama showed they can still win. Saban might have done his best work over the last two years. New head coaches of other teams are now having to do their own work.

    I believe the early signing day will return to the results we saw the last 10 years during the ďmainĒ signing days of years past.

  7. #7
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    791

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Only problem with that is that it really looks like Sanders is going to Georgia and Dean to Ole Miss. Not sure Tom has been keeping up,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Saw where ESPN’s Tom Luginbill believes Alabama’s 2019 class could be Saban’s best class ever. He thought that if Alabama signs the remaining players he thinks they will, it will be the best ever.

    Wow to the Alabama Staff!

  8. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    17,290

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptw1961 View Post
    Only problem with that is that it really looks like Sanders is going to Georgia and Dean to Ole Miss. Not sure Tom has been keeping up,
    Don’t get Sanders. Likely to end up in NFL regardless. At least pick up some hardware too
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

  9. #9
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    1,717

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by UAEE93 View Post
    Last year was almost a perfect storm against Bama. New rules for early signing. Lots of the assist coaches already with new Jobs. Unknown players going to NFL. Unknown CFC performance after loosing to Clemson the previous year. New head coaches with Bama recruiting knowledge and recruiting plans. Other Coaches talking about CNSís age.

    This year has a more stable staff. Bama showed they can still win. Saban might have done his best work over the last two years. New head coaches of other teams are now having to do their own work.

    I believe the early signing day will return to the results we saw the last 10 years during the ďmainĒ signing days of years past.
    Looks like they are doing the same
    to Saban this year

  10. #10
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    543

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Somebody delete this thread.
    ĎI canít really say that youíre going to come in here and start. Youíve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.í CNS

  11. #11
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Shiner, TX
    Posts
    23,314

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Somebody delete this thread.
    I was thinking the same thing...sort of like looking at a ship in the distant horizon.

  12. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,668

    Re: Best Saban Recruiting Class of All Time?

    Need to stop freaking out.... At the end of the day, we will be in top 2.... we will be fine.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear