***Early Signing Day SIGNATURES RECEIVED***

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Understood but I feel like I can count on one hand hoe many times jennings hasnt had his hand down this year. Being nickle as often as we are sort of makes the jack a glorified DE.
My hope is that he doesn't bulk up much more, keeping his quickness. He can be a huge edge rusher.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Understood but I feel like I can count on one hand hoe many times jennings hasnt had his hand down this year. Being nickle as often as we are sort of makes the jack a glorified DE.
in some schemes a guy that size would be a DE, and yes, we line our OLBs up on the LOS with a hand down a good bit, but we also do a lot more with them, even when we are in a nickel group. They'll rush from a 2 point a lot, and also when we are disguising pressures, they are often the ones dropping to cover an ILB spot, They also line up in a 2 point on the LOS inside (OC to outside eye of OG) in some of our pressure packages. They have to do way more than a traditional 4 man line DE would do.

Guys we call DEs in our scheme are typically more like DTs anyway. Sabans just never adjusted what he calls these guys, which is why I think we just list them all as DL, and we've got mostly DTs filling all three slots and almost all the DLs we have put into the NFL have found themselves playing in more of a DT role than DE.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I don't think so if you can sign 28 as has been suggested, but you will get close.
with sanders committing, we are at 25 commits, so i assume there are 3 spots technically available. rtr
Right, Sanders will be 22 signees. Neal should be 23 shortly.

Williams, Robinson, and Young were not expected to sign today.

Still have Sophser and T'oto'o who I'm sure have spots

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.