Early NSD Eve Thoughts

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving not for you.
RTO, you need to create a post ESD Thread... sharing your thoughts on the signee and what to expect in Feb... as well how we're going to fit in some of the players with tight spots left. Does this put pressure on Sopsher and his spot knowing that he plan commit on Feb 6th while others will announce way before him?

Also, how are we going to try and fit Bogle, Bank, Glass, Sopsher and whoever in this class? We take only two or we can add more?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
RTO, you need to create a post ESD Thread... sharing your thoughts on the signee and what to expect in Feb... as well how we're going to fit in some of the players with tight spots left. Does this put pressure on Sopsher and his spot knowing that he plan commit on Feb 6th while others will announce way before him?

Also, how are we going to try and fit Bogle, Bank, Glass, Sopsher and whoever in this class? We take only two or we can add more?
will do

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
After catching up on this thread and other info, I'll just say I'm glad I was busy with work for the majority of the day.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Props to Locks. He did not mess with the Maryland recruits, and he brought in the guys that he was primary recruiter on.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sorry to butt in - but wanted to share for anyone who cares that at Florida, even though we ended up ranked #16.....we filled our needs pretty good, especially in the OL department.

This ESPN article in fact rates us as NSD 'Winners' along with only three others....Bama, UGA, and Michigan.

I don't know if Florida will ever have a #1 recruiting class but as long as we get what we need, and we have a decent coaching staff, I guess that's what counts.

I also have to say thank you for keeping many of the good ones away from Georgia today! :)

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Sorry to butt in - but wanted to share for anyone who cares that at Florida, even though we ended up ranked #16.....we filled our needs pretty good, especially in the OL department.

This ESPN article in fact rates us as NSD 'Winners' along with only three others....Bama, UGA, and Michigan.

I don't know if Florida will ever have a #1 recruiting class but as long as we get what we need, and we have a decent coaching staff, I guess that's what counts.

I also have to say thank you for keeping many of the good ones away from Georgia today! :)
I don't know if you meant under Mullen, until Saban is gone, or ever. But the state of Florida has such a large amount of talent its hard to imagine them never having a #1 class ever.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't know if you meant under Mullen, until Saban is gone, or ever. But the state of Florida has such a large amount of talent its hard to imagine them never having a #1 class ever.
It's such an amazing accomplishment - it really is.

So much so it's seems out of reach for us, I guess. But you make a good point so maybe down the road it could happen. Definitely not before Coach Saban retires though....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's such an amazing accomplishment - it really is.

So much so it's seems out of reach for us, I guess. But you make a good point so maybe down the road it could happen. Definitely not before Coach Saban retires though....
Man, if I'm betting on rising teams UF if one of my top picks. I think Mullen is solid...and if he could build such solid teams at MSU with 3 stars imagine what he'll eventually do at UF. He might not turn the ship from year 1 to year 2 like CNS, but I look forward to UF taking down Georgia real, real soon!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Man, if I'm betting on rising teams UF if one of my top picks. I think Mullen is solid...and if he could build such solid teams at MSU with 3 stars imagine what he'll eventually do at UF. He might not turn the ship from year 1 to year 2 like CNS, but I look forward to UF taking down Georgia real, real soon!
I wouldn’t doubt that UF and possibly 12RC will be a thorn in Kirby’s posterior before long

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I think the possibility is greater that you will move into the top 5 consistently. What CDM needs is a 10-12 win season, beat UGA and either play close or win the SEC Championship game. Then you will see recruits flock back...of course that is easier said than done. I do think you need to sign at least ½ of the top prospects in Fla...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
They had us with 4, 5*'s, but now 3. It looks like Quick's numerical place stayed the same. Was he previously the 4th 5*?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The SEC is slowly making it's way back up to having several teams with top-tier status. A&M, Florida, Tenn, and LSU are making good strides as long as it equates to wins on the field. Miss State and possibly Arkie should be in good position in the next few years as well. Should be a lot of fun in the SEC for the next few years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.