Early NSD Eve Thoughts

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Lol, not sure why some feel so obligated to step in and defend everything that's happened. You can bet the staff's response to the past few weeks IS NOT "eh, oh well, we're still bringing in a good one, right fellas!"

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Lol, not sure why some feel so obligated to step in and defend everything that's happened. You can bet the staff's response to the past few weeks IS NOT "eh, oh well, we're still bringing in a good one, right fellas!"
5 in 9 is why you defend what happened. Today is just a small snapshot of a big picture. UGA can grab all these 5 stars they want, but still one ball.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
This. It’s not like we’re saying The dynasty is over! But this is not a good trend.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I agree, you can only make so many promises and allow so many transfers until new recruits start catching the trend. I mean looking back at last years UGA class, if you remove Field's it looks good but it's starting to dwindle.
Texas A&M is a perfect example of this. Sumlin brought in a bunch of 5* at QB by promising them PT. Then he had too many and lost them all. The last 4 they’ve signed are 3* and 1 I ranked. Looks like they won’t sign anyone today as their 3* committ appears headed for UGA.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This. It’s not like we’re saying The dynasty is over! But this is not a good trend.
I don’t understand how a top 3 class isn’t a good trend. You understand the difference between 1 and even 5 is a razor thin margin no matter what recruiting metrics you use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
We will still have a really good class, but Kirby is beating Saban head to head in recruiting. Whether that translates to wins on the field, I don’t know. But they’ve gotten very close twice.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
5 in 9 is why you defend what happened. Today is just a small snapshot of a big picture. UGA can grab all these 5 stars they want, but still one ball.
The problem of course is that that is completely irrelevant to us looking at whether we won our recruiting battles today...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The problem of course is that that is completely irrelevant to us looking at whether we won our recruiting battles today...
Recruiting battles only matter on the field. Therefore fretting over losing a kid is irrelevant if it doesn’t translate. Save your worries for later

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
We will still have a really good class, but Kirby is beating Saban head to head in recruiting. Whether that translates to wins on the field, I don’t know. But they’ve gotten very close twice.
When it does not pay off on the field and Kirby’s lies about PT are seen, he will tail off. Besides, recruiting classes should be re-evaluates 2-3 years down the road. Look at BAMA’s 2015 and 2016 classes. Half of the 2015 class either transferred, were tossed or have not been starters. Same thing for the 2016 class. Even our 2017 class, which folks drool over, looks like it will have 10-12 who are busts/transfer.

Yes it sucks not being #1?but, at the end of the day Saban will do what he does so well, adapt and move on. I can also imagine Kirby, who is becoming a bigger dirt bag by the minute, dirty recruited big time and used the rumors of Pete, Gattis leaving coupled with BAMA is gonna have a new OC to his advantage.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
You don’t make promises to recruits. That’s exactly what got Kirby in trouble with Fields and probably Luke Ford as well. Doesn’t help your culture once they get on campus.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
...recruiting classes should be re-evaluates 2-3 years down the road..
In addition, if you remove the two freshmen who are bailing from Georgia's 2018 class, Ohio State actually had the best recruiting class last year.
In business I don't get every sale but enough of them. That's the way I see recruiting. Enough to make Bama dominant on the field...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.