A Treatise on the Problem of Defense in the Big 12

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I have experienced arrogance on our side on many occasions. Any program that has runs of incredible success has fan exuberance go bonkers. I've lived through the entire illustrious history of Sooner football at its finest. I was there when ND broke our 47 game winning streak. I was their when Kansas beat us on our home field when we fumbled 9 times. I saw John Elway slice and dice us. I watched Miami taunt us on Owen Field and then back it up. But boy there have been some really, really good times. What Alabama is doing now is unprecedented and amazing. I am in awe. However, we will get off the bus 😁

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Tidefans was a welcome haven for simple, straightforward college football talk. It didn't have the edge other boards had. There was a collegiality about it. There was a mutual respect. When I first posted around the time of our home/home I noted the incredible similarities in the programs. I mentioned how great it was to see Alabama on Owen Field; how great it was to hear Yea Alabama from your band in Norman. The back and forth then was not rancorous but more respectful of each others program. I think as someone who can make the comparison, then to now, my thoughts on today's TideFans are based on my own personal experience. Assuming the mods aren't tired of my posts I'll continue to do so but I cant change my opinion that the forum has evolved over time and it's a different atmosphere than before
You and I joined this board about the same time. Coach Fran was our coach back then and we were a program that was WAY down but with a big name. We were a humbled bunch back in those days and the Sooner program was on much more stable footing. Then, a legendary coach breathed life back into us. As we have reached the pinnacle and stayed here we have become the hated, Death Star of college football. So we see a lot of rival fans come through this board...the good, the bad and the ugly. We have had to adjust to an anti-Bama slant that permeates the college football landscape today. Everyone is tired of us winning all the time. But we are not. We defend this. Keep posting Owen as it is a treat to have you back. We are all the same as we always were around here but we have to stay on guard. And we do plan to win this game :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.