Roll Call for The Orange Bowl

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Yea, they are crazy cheap. I'm glad I ended up waiting to buy my tickets.
Whenever I wait, ticket prices don't drop. When I buy them early, i lose tons of money. So if your saved money, you're welcome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Whenever I wait, ticket prices don't bought. When I buy them early, i lose tons of money. So if your saved money, you're welcome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Lol well thank you! I don't think I'm going to save any money I actually will probably spend more but only because better seats are now a price I'm willing to pay.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Wow. I was looking at my postseason order form for TP and has the orange bowl at $300 face value and looking how cheaper they are now, I’d be pretty upset if I had to spend $600 for two with TP and see how much the price has dropped with tickets on stub hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Yep; I wrestled with going and would have paid a high price for tickets. Because it is a semi final, Bama people especially look more to the game after. Plus, Miami is a long way. But I appreciate the Bama fans who are going. Wonder how Oklahoma will be represented.
Wow. I was looking at my postseason order form for TP and has the orange bowl at $300 face value and looking how cheaper they are now, I’d be pretty upset if I had to spend $600 for two with TP and see how much the price has dropped with tickets on stub hub.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Its what happened to me (sort of). I bought 6 tickets directly from the Orange Bowl and my brother / his friend are backing out.....I'm more than a little miffed as I'm stuck with 4 extra ones. PM me if interested in a good deal.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yep; I wrestled with going and would have paid a high price for tickets. Because it is a semi final, Bama people especially look more to the game after. Plus, Miami is a long way. But I appreciate the Bama fans who are going. Wonder how Oklahoma will be represented.
I would say judging by the lower level prices that we are looking at the worst semi finals turnout since the playoffs began. I would think we have a 70% stadium with a slight edge to Oklahoma. The best indicator of who’s coming and who’s not is the pocket book of the average fan in the last 10 years. That clearly favors OU. But I think they are saving more for a possible trip to Santa Clara. But I fully expect them to have more fans in Miami than us.

It’s just Miami is a very expensive trip when you factor in lodging costs, and travel. If you don’t have family or friends down there then you are paying beach costs. Out of all the semi finals sites the Rose and Orange are the most expensive. Dallas, Atlanta, and NOLA are the best trips for Bama fans. I’m only going because I found folks that are going otherwise I would be in a lazy boy recliner watching it on a projector.

Just fwiw should we advance Alabama will probably be outnumbered 80-20 in Santa Clara. If it is ND probably more than that. Airfare is about 1500 for a person.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I would say judging by the lower level prices that we are looking at the worst semi finals turnout since the playoffs began. I would think we have a 70% stadium with a slight edge to Oklahoma. The best indicator of who’s coming and who’s not is the pocket book of the average fan in the last 10 years. That clearly favors OU. But I think they are saving more for a possible trip to Santa Clara. But I fully expect them to have more fans in Miami than us.

It’s just Miami is a very expensive trip when you factor in lodging costs, and travel. If you don’t have family or friends down there then you are paying beach costs. Out of all the semi finals sites the Rose and Orange are the most expensive. Dallas, Atlanta, and NOLA are the best trips for Bama fans. I’m only going because I found folks that are going otherwise I would be in a lazy boy recliner watching it on a projector.

Just fwiw should we advance Alabama will probably be outnumbered 80-20 in Santa Clara. If it is ND probably more than that. Airfare is about 1500 for a person.
Fly in and out of Reno.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Fly in and out of Reno.
Even that is still a bit much in price and actually doing it. 700 dollars for a round trip, a rent a car and hotel package still to pay for, and a 4hr car ride on top of that. But I think most will just say “ND/Clemson fans here are my tickets for about 1k a ticket. Have fun watching us win another”

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
$60 for a playoff game. Wow. That is crazy cheap. Wonder why they’re so cheap?
It’s too far and too expensive for many of the fans who normally might go. I have friends that spent small fortunes to go to the various NCGs and it was a one time thing. It’s asking a lot for fan bases to go to the SECCG, semifinal, and potentially a NCG. With Bama’s successes many are waiting for the final as opposed to the semis. This was always the stumbling block around having playoffs at neutral sites. It’s also why TV ratings are what they ultimately want anyway.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Does anyone know how difficult it is to get in and out to the stadium? Do people take public transit to the game?

Very easy to drive in and out! When we played ND we stayed about 35 miles north of the Stadium and it took about 40 minutes to get to the stadium. We left the hotel about 10AM. We did buy a parking pass in the lot for suite holders for $150. Well worth it as we were literally 20 yards from the gate.

I will never forget the ND fans in the white van parked next to us. Most arrogant bastards ever. Told us we should “go home”, They felt bad we spent our welfare checks on tickets as they set up their tailgate. I will say they had a nice set up. After the game their tailgate spot was trashed, TV’s smashed. I asked some guys next to them what happened and they said one of their guys was hammered and took a tire iron to his own tailgate.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I wish I could have found the cheap tickets being spoken of, but never saw anything close in the lower section. Looked at Stubhub, Ticketmaster, Ebay. Just bought 4 in section 120 row 26 at $320 each. Could have gotten similar tickets on the OU side for about $100 less per ticket, but didn't want to sit there. Free airline tickets(points), free hotel room(Son), so I'm good with it. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.