Recruiting: The other side of the story

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Jam, RTR, RTO....others with good insight,

I would very much like to hear your opinion as to 1. why insiders didn’t think we would get Sanders and Eboigbe...but in the end we did, AND 2. why days before signing, we thought we had very good chances with Hill and Dean and in the end we couldn’t get either of their signatures? I know it’s fluid, games are played by parents, family and all that... but it seems like coaches recruiting the players would have a feeling if someone was jerking them around?

And if signing day is truly a nail biter for everyone - coaches included, ...why don’t we ask kids to commit earlier and then move on to a lesser ranked kid who wants to be at Bama if the 5 star either will not make up his mind or just wants to build suspense at Alabama’s expense.

Is it truly worth slow playing very good athletes by betting on the cum line that you will get the 5 star who can not commit or make up his mind?

RTR

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I would very much like to hear your opinion as to 1. why insiders didn’t think we would get Sanders and Eboigbe...but in the end we did, AND 2. why days before signing, we thought we had very good chances with Hill and Dean and in the end we couldn’t get either of their signatures? I know it’s fluid, games are played by parents, family and all that... but it seems like coaches recruiting the players would have a feeling if someone was jerking them around?

And if signing day is truly a nail biter for everyone - coaches included, ...why don’t we ask kids to commit earlier and then move on to a lesser ranked kid who wants to be at Bama if the 5 star either will not make up his mind or just wants to build suspense at Alabama’s expense.

Is it truly worth slow playing very good athletes by betting on the cum line that you will get the 5 star who can not commit or make up his mind?

RTR
This obviously should have been placed on the recruiting board...

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
No insight like those you asked but I'm certain the coaching staff factors this into how each position and kid is recruited.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

RTR
Sanders is not signed just yet. So hold them thoughts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.