Recruiting: The other side of the story
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
    BamaNation Second Team

Recruiting: The other side of the story

Jam, RTR, RTO....others with good insight,

I would very much like to hear your opinion as to 1. why insiders didnít think we would get Sanders and Eboigbe...but in the end we did, AND 2. why days before signing, we thought we had very good chances with Hill and Dean and in the end we couldnít get either of their signatures? I know itís fluid, games are played by parents, family and all that... but it seems like coaches recruiting the players would have a feeling if someone was jerking them around?

And if signing day is truly a nail biter for everyone - coaches included, ...why donít we ask kids to commit earlier and then move on to a lesser ranked kid who wants to be at Bama if the 5 star either will not make up his mind or just wants to build suspense at Alabamaís expense.

Is it truly worth slow playing very good athletes by betting on the cum line that you will get the 5 star who can not commit or make up his mind?

RTR

Re: Recruiting: The other side of the story

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post

I would very much like to hear your opinion as to 1. why insiders didn’t think we would get Sanders and Eboigbe...but in the end we did, AND 2. why days before signing, we thought we had very good chances with Hill and Dean and in the end we couldn’t get either of their signatures? I know it’s fluid, games are played by parents, family and all that... but it seems like coaches recruiting the players would have a feeling if someone was jerking them around?

And if signing day is truly a nail biter for everyone - coaches included, ...why don’t we ask kids to commit earlier and then move on to a lesser ranked kid who wants to be at Bama if the 5 star either will not make up his mind or just wants to build suspense at Alabama’s expense.

Is it truly worth slow playing very good athletes by betting on the cum line that you will get the 5 star who can not commit or make up his mind?

RTR
    This obviously should have been placed on the recruiting board...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

No insight like those you asked but I'm certain the coaching staff factors this into how each position and kid is recruited.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This obviously should have been placed on the recruiting board...
    Thank you for moving this question. All I can say is itís late in Barcelona, and the Rioja is very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post

I would very much like to hear your opinion as to 1. why insiders didnít think we would get Sanders and Eboigbe...but in the end we did, AND 2. why days before signing, we thought we had very good chances with Hill and Dean and in the end we couldnít get either of their signatures? I know itís fluid, games are played by parents, family and all that... but it seems like coaches recruiting the players would have a feeling if someone was jerking them around?

And if signing day is truly a nail biter for everyone - coaches included, ...why donít we ask kids to commit earlier and then move on to a lesser ranked kid who wants to be at Bama if the 5 star either will not make up his mind or just wants to build suspense at Alabamaís expense.

RTR
    Sanders is not signed just yet. So hold them thoughts.