Three Star recruiting

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Another way to look at recruiting ranking is start at the bottom instead of the top. For example the CFP teams this year have this many 3*

Alabama ….. 25
Clemson ….. 37
Notre Dame 51
Oklahoma .. 100
UCF (LOL) .. 88

The difference between Oklahoma and UCF is Oklahoma has 56 4* and UCF 2 4*

In this 2019 cycle we have the following 3*

The top 10 classes this year and their three stars:
Alabama ..... 1
Georgia ...... 2
Tex A&M .....11
LSU ............ 8
Oregon .......10
Oklahoma ...12
Clemson .....10
Michigan .....11
Texas .......... 9
Penn St ....... 1

Clearly Bama and Georgia have seperated themselves with top heavy 5 and 4 stars while very lite on the three stars. Over the course of a season the attrition will bring some of the depth to the point where it matters.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
By your count Oklahoma has 156 players... plus any 5-star guys, sub-3-star guys, and walk-ons. Can that be right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
It is difficult to go by the three star players. Because, when coach Saban takes a three star kid, there is a reason for this. Look at Josh Jacobs, and Mark Ingram. I believe that they were both three star players? And, history has proven that they were both as good as the five star kids. My Opinion.
And, look at the three star kid in this cycle. He is the highest rated kicker in the nation. Why can't a kicker get more than three stars? I understand that they might not have the impact as a left tackle, but when the game is on the line for a game wining field goal, they have more impact than that QB in the moment.
I do know that coach Saban has a system that works, and works great :).

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
By your count Oklahoma has 156 players... plus any 5-star guys, sub-3-star guys, and walk-ons. Can that be right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, and 138 of them play on offense./blue font.
I guess it is technically possible to have 71 3/4 star walk ons.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Foundation of a dynasty. Talent.

Blue chip is defined as 4 and 5 star kids

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.