UGA Class Ranking

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
UGA’s class is ranked slightly below ours, but I see they only signed 22 players to our 26. Not that it matters really, but depending on how many they, and we, sign in Feb, they could still end up #1.

Also, I see they signed two players that are completely unranked, with zero stars - QB from Mississippi and DT from Kansas. Obviously, this brings their average star rating down, which would otherwise be higher than ours. Anyone know anything about these 2 players? Are they JC by chance?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
UGA’s class is ranked slightly below ours, but I see they only signed 22 players to our 26. Not that it matters really, but depending on how many they, and we, sign in Feb, they could still end up #1.

Also, I see they signed two players that are completely unranked, with zero stars - QB from Mississippi and DT from Kansas. Obviously, this brings their average star rating down, which would otherwise be higher than ours. Anyone know anything about these 2 players? Are they JC by chance?
Bama signed only 23 not 26. The guys with no rating are JC players. As far as recruiting rankings go, both teams will be signing a few more in February but Georgia would have to really blow it out the water then to catch us, but as you said it really does not matter. They were the number one class last year and Mr. five Star Fields was the top signee in the class and now he is transferring so how does that #1 ranking look now? What really matters is how this class still looks three to four years from now. Look then and see what they have accomplished and then rank them based on that you will get a lot better result.

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Bama signed only 23 not 26. The guys with no rating are JC players. As far as recruiting rankings go, both teams will be signing a few more in February but Georgia would have to really blow it out the water then to catch us, but as you said it really does not matter. They were the number one class last year and Mr. five Star Fields was the top signee in the class and now he is transferring so how does that #1 ranking look now? What really matters is how this class still looks three to four years from now. Look then and see what they have accomplished and then rank them based on that you will get a lot better result.
My bad - you're exactly correct B13, I should have said committed, not signed. But the committed are what 247Sports are counting in their class rankings. So, the point still holds - they "may" have more room to add commitments and eventual signees. However, you are also correct on the point of how our respective classes looks in a few years. As WyleTexasTider pointed out in another thread, about half of our 2015 and 2016 classes are no longer with the team or not starting, and 10-12 of the exceptional 2017 class are xfers or busts. I'm confident CNS will work his magic to get the maximum possible out of our class and hopefully the dynasty continues. RTR

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Alabama is looking to possiboy add two five star players in sospher and to'oto'o and currently leads for both, and possibly a few others,and,could possibly lose an unsigned player or two to flips and potential grey or blue shirts. So I wouldn't sweat it too much

Uga and bama will both close very strong in February

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Blah, blah, blah........” I'm confident CNS will work his magic to get the maximum possible out of our class and hopefully the dynasty continues. RTR

Hopefully? Holy cow man, are you really an Auburn or Georgia fan? Never heard an Alabama fan talk like this. We have the GOAT and as much as Kirby tries and whines, our players will whip their players more often than not.

Last edited by a moderator:

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
”Hopefully? Holy cow man, are you really an Auburn or Georgia fan? Never heard an Alabama fan talk like this. We have the GOAT and as much as Kirby tries and whines, our players will whip their players more often than not.
Absolutely not!! Bama grad of 69 and 72 in engineering and a fan since I first saw Namath come off the bench to score winning TDs against Auburn. Not sure what I said to give you that impression. Just my nature to be curious about the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Remember that on average only about half the ones a team signs actually pan out and ending up making serious contributions.

What that means is you have to develop what you get, realizing some won't develop.

CNS has proven he's the best at this and I really believe it's what separates him from most other coaches. I've said it many times, but Kirby will have to figure out how to manage and develop those 4 and 5 stars who all believe they should play right now. So far the jury is still out on him. The most recent evidence with Fields suggest he's got a way to go. He's young and may figure it out, but who knows?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Alabama is looking to possiboy add two five star players in sospher and to'oto'o and currently leads for both, and possibly a few others,and,could possibly lose an unsigned player or two to flips and potential grey or blue shirts. So I wouldn't sweat it too much
^^^This ... We already have a crazy talented class and possibly have the ability to add at least 2 more 5 star prospects. CNS and company is doing an impressive job.

Look at the breakdown of where each recruit is from per state by Alabama. We still do a great job in-state (West Ga only has 4 recruits from Alabama) and we have a crazy reach nationally.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Certainly, we all love to win and if it be as #1 recruiting class (again) then so be it. In the end, however, it is the Jimmys and the Joes that matter and Nick has filled our needs nicely in this class with talent and character.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Personally myself, I only keep up with who Bama signs. I can't recall but one or two Georgia recruits off the top of my head. By all accounts I have seen, read or heard, Bama signed the number 1 class in college football yesterday and that I am ecstatic about!!! :) By all accounts also, Georgia and Texas A&M are numbers 2 or 3. Georgia I expected to be there, A&M not so much and that worries me more than Georgia.

The SEC West is loading up and got to go through that landmine to even have a chance at seeing Georgia in the SEC Championship!!!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
UGA had a better class than us on paper last year, but there may not be a better player in their whole class than Waddle and Surtain.
Sumlin, Malzahn, and even Butch Jones signed some unreal classes that never came close to reaching their potential.
Saban's ability to sign, manage, and maximize top classes is what sets him apart. Kirby may end up being able to do the same thing, but so far he hasn't proved that yet.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This from ESPN website is curious. Why mention UGA in latest win vs Bama with Dean, but not mention anything about UGA Losing out to Bama with the prospects above and below, Sanders and Neal?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
UGA had a better class than us on paper last year, but there may not be a better player in their whole class than Waddle and Surtain.
Sumlin, Malzahn, and even Butch Jones signed some unreal classes that never came close to reaching their potential.
Saban's ability to sign, manage, and maximize top classes is what sets him apart. Kirby may end up being able to do the same thing, but so far he hasn't proved that yet.
Kirby’s crown jewel in that class was Fields, and he is leaving. Probably Luke Ford as well. Also, in our class from last year, You left out Anoma, who will be a beast. A beast A BEAST!

I don’t see UGA overtaking Bama in this cycle. BAMA will probably sign more and the avg player rating is higher than Georgia’s. So if they sign 4 and we sign 4, all around the same avg , They will still fall far short. Unless something drastic happens, this will be the #1 class

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Kirby’s crown jewel in that class was Fields, and he is leaving. Probably Luke Ford as well. Also, in our class from last year, You left out Anoma, who will be a beast. A beast A BEAST!
Oh I agree, I'm just making the point that we already know we have a lock down corner and a WR that is among the best in the country ALREADY along with being a dangerous return man. Anoma, Davis, Wynn, Jobe, and Kaho are all most likely going to be studs from the class, but Waddle and Surtain are at least All SEC caliber players today.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Posted this in another thread. Applicable here also..

After looking at some numbers it's a lot closer than I thought in terms of just overall talent between UGA and Bama. Player development is another story but this is the ESPN 300 signees by SEC teams over the last three years. This does not include players committed to sign in February:

Alabama 53
Georgia 52
LSU 34
Florida 29
Auburn 28
Tex A&M 25
Carolina 16
Tenn 16
Miss St 10
Ole Miss 9
Arkansas 5
Kentucky 4
Vandy 3
Missouri 2

Pretty stunning that we have roughly twice as many ESPN 300 recruits as AU and A&M and a really wide gap between us and LSU. UGA is the only team in our class talent wise..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.