Who can we flip?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
this coaching turnover is killing us. I believe the lack of continuity has come back to bite us. The OC and DC leaving every year is just killing us. They are focusing on their new job instead of us winning the playoff games.
I personally think it would be fascinating to sit on the dock with CNS and a couple of adult beverages and listen while he discussed his feelings and the dynamics surrounding this.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
this coaching turnover is killing us. I believe the lack of continuity has come back to bite us. The OC and DC leaving every year is just killing us. They are focusing on their new job instead of us winning the playoff games.
A month ago, the general consensus on this board was CNS had assembled perhaps the finest staff of his era. Funny, how a single loss changes the narrative.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A month ago, the general consensus on this board was CNS had assembled perhaps the finest staff of his era. Funny, how a single loss changes the narrative.
Best recruiting staff, and that is probably true. But most were/are too young and inexperienced to have been considered the best Saban staff from a coaching perspective. You have to coach the players up after you get them or you become just another program. Some f these guys simply did not prove to be up to Saban's standard on that front. They may some day, but Alabama is built to win now.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Agreed. Although Enos' departure surprises me.

Best recruiting staff, and that is probably true. But most were/are too young and inexperienced to have been considered the best Saban staff from a coaching perspective. You have to coach the players up after you get them or you become just another program. Some f these guys simply did not prove to be up to Saban's standard on that front. They may some day, but Alabama is built to win now.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I get the feeling that Coach is devising a long term plan for this. He got what he wanted out of the staff he hired last year. He is going to put something really good together this year too I suspect. He thrives in the environment just after a devastating loss. I can feel his pensive energy all the way in Hoover.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Hope you are right! Wish we had coaches that would stay for 3-5 years at least instead of using bama as a way to get a promotion somewhere else. Rtr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I am sure he was shown the door or not encouraged to stay. If we wanted him he would be here.
I'm not totally sold on this...I thought CNS stated earlier that he really like Enos and the job he was doing as QB coach. Maybe he wasn't in line to get the OC job after all -- and he wanted one.

All I really know is that I want to move to Tuscaloosa and be the real estate agent for the football coaches. You could retire on that body of work...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
On another site there is an article that Pickering will not visit Tuscaloosa this weekend as was originally planned.

rtr
Pickering has rescheduled his visit to Feb 1-3 so we will get the last visit if he actually makes it. He looks the part and hoping we can flip him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.