Who can we flip? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

Re: Who can we flip?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    You guys are currently at 26 commits, assuming they've all turned in their LOI, aren't you guys done for this recruiting cycle?
    No.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, 1-7-10

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, 1-10-12

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, 1-7-13

"Alabama, back on top of the College Football world!" - Chris Fowler, 1-11-16

"Touchdown!!! Alabama Wins!!!" - Chris Fowler, 1-8-18

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

To expound, not all have turned in their LOI, and the thought is maybe not all of the 3 uncommitted players stick, and there are still a few spots left, even if they do.

We gave up on trying predict numbers/spots left a long time ago. Saban said in his PC that we would be taking several more this cycle. We signed the smallest class we've signed in many years last year also, so that helps.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, 1-7-10

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, 1-10-12

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, 1-7-13

"Alabama, back on top of the College Football world!" - Chris Fowler, 1-11-16

"Touchdown!!! Alabama Wins!!!" - Chris Fowler, 1-8-18

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    To expound, not all have turned in their LOI, and the thought is maybe not all of the 3 uncommitted players stick, and there are still a few spots left, even if they do.

We gave up on trying predict numbers/spots left a long time ago. Saban said in his PC that we would be taking several more this cycle. We signed the smallest class we've signed in many years last year also, so that helps.

agreed. furthermore, there is legit talk that CNS has a plan to possibly get 30 kids in the 2019 class.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    You guys are currently at 26 commits, assuming they've all turned in their LOI, aren't you guys done for this recruiting cycle?
    Don’t you know what happens when you assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by reb43 View Post
    His Dad said he would wait until Feb.. Nathan Pickering lives 6 miles away and I have asked several people where will go, most say he will stay in state, a few say LSU. No other places were mentioned.
    Pickering to LSU would not be ideal. LSU picked up Ika because Bama is waiting on Sopsher. many Bama fans wanted BOTH Ika and Sopsher, but in the end with numbers tight and the fact that Ika would have to lose around 30 lbs to play effectively in our 3-4 defense. don't get me wrong, Ika is a stud and I wish we had room for both. the last thing we want is to have them field an elite Dline down the road like Miss St did this year. hopefully Pickering sticks to the bulldogs. if Pickering does flip, IMO is Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    from what I understand, Dent has some issues of the field and I believe his sister attends FSU as well. Bama has really cooled off on him and the fact our secondary needs have been met with success. there is talk about Marcus Banks , but nothing concrete yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Banks-46041877/

Pickering has been flirting with Bama for awhile. he didn't sign during the ESD period so there is a chance, but I wouldn't hold my breath for him and honestly , we should be concern about holding on to another coveted Miss. kid in Bryan Young.
    Young is physically ready to play as a freshman and IMO has more upside than Pickering. Young can play both DT/DE. aside from Alfano, Young is my favorite Dline commit in this class.

Marcus Banks will announce his commitment on JAN. 5 between Alabama, Texas AM, FSU, and Florida.

Hank South has CB him to the Tide. Keep your eye on this one.

BamaNation All-SEC

On another site there is an article that Pickering will not visit Tuscaloosa this weekend as was originally planned.

rtr

[QUOTE=bamamick;3371133]On another site there is an article that Pickering will not visit Tuscaloosa this weekend as was originally planned.

Rtr mentioned in another thread the numbers were already tight and now even tighter because of some players returning that might have originally been thought to have been leaving. So he could have been told we don't have a spot anymore.

BamaNation All-SEC

First thing that came to my mind was Davis coming back.

rtr

[QUOTE=Blindside13;3371382]
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    On another site there is an article that Pickering will not visit Tuscaloosa this weekend as was originally planned.

Rtr mentioned in another thread the numbers were already tight and now even tighter because of some players returning that might have originally been thought to have been leaving. So he could have been told we don't have a spot anymore.
    while this is true, the staff told him this weekend will be busy and quality time will be not be available to host him. they are trying to reschedule another visit before NSD.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

[QUOTE=sanjosecrimson;3371580]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post

while this is true, the staff told him this weekend will be busy and quality time will be not be available to host him. they are trying to reschedule another visit before NSD.
    They are probably figuring out who will and who will not be on the staff so they can be upfront with our remaining targets. It sounds like there may be some coaching changes on the defensive side of the ball also. Aaron Suttles on Bham radio has been saying he believes Coach Kool will not be part of the staff next season and this would be Pickering's position coach (as well as Sopsher).

link

i saw where Jerrion Ealy decommitted from Ole Miss. Recruiting site I looked at had him favoring Clemson.

BamaNation All-SEC

[QUOTE=TiderJack;3371639]
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post

They are probably figuring out who will and who will not be on the staff so they can be upfront with our remaining targets. It sounds like there may be some coaching changes on the defensive side of the ball also. Aaron Suttles on Bham radio has been saying he believes Coach Kool will not be part of the staff next season and this would be Pickering's position coach (as well as Sopsher).
    Coach Kool? Hmm..........