Who can we flip?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
His Dad said he would wait until Feb.. Nathan Pickering lives 6 miles away and I have asked several people where will go, most say he will stay in state, a few say LSU. No other places were mentioned.
Saw where he said if there's one school who could flip him it is Alabama.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
His Dad said he would wait until Feb.. Nathan Pickering lives 6 miles away and I have asked several people where will go, most say he will stay in state, a few say LSU. No other places were mentioned.
Saw where he said if there's one school who could flip him it is Alabama.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
You guys are currently at 26 commits, assuming they've all turned in their LOI, aren't you guys done for this recruiting cycle?

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
To expound, not all have turned in their LOI, and the thought is maybe not all of the 3 uncommitted players stick, and there are still a few spots left, even if they do.

We gave up on trying predict numbers/spots left a long time ago. Saban said in his PC that we would be taking several more this cycle. We signed the smallest class we've signed in many years last year also, so that helps.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
To expound, not all have turned in their LOI, and the thought is maybe not all of the 3 uncommitted players stick, and there are still a few spots left, even if they do.

We gave up on trying predict numbers/spots left a long time ago. Saban said in his PC that we would be taking several more this cycle. We signed the smallest class we've signed in many years last year also, so that helps.

agreed. furthermore, there is legit talk that CNS has a plan to possibly get 30 kids in the 2019 class.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Pickering to LSU would not be ideal. LSU picked up Ika because Bama is waiting on Sopsher. many Bama fans wanted BOTH Ika and Sopsher, but in the end with numbers tight and the fact that Ika would have to lose around 30 lbs to play effectively in our 3-4 defense. don't get me wrong, Ika is a stud and I wish we had room for both. the last thing we want is to have them field an elite Dline down the road like Miss St did this year. hopefully Pickering sticks to the bulldogs. if Pickering does flip, IMO is Alabama.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
from what I understand, Dent has some issues of the field and I believe his sister attends FSU as well. Bama has really cooled off on him and the fact our secondary needs have been met with success. there is talk about Marcus Banks , but nothing concrete yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Banks-46041877/

Pickering has been flirting with Bama for awhile. he didn't sign during the ESD period so there is a chance, but I wouldn't hold my breath for him and honestly , we should be concern about holding on to another coveted Miss. kid in Bryan Young.
Young is physically ready to play as a freshman and IMO has more upside than Pickering. Young can play both DT/DE. aside from Alfano, Young is my favorite Dline commit in this class.

Marcus Banks will announce his commitment on JAN. 5 between Alabama, Texas AM, FSU, and Florida.

Hank South has CB him to the Tide. Keep your eye on this one.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
On another site there is an article that Pickering will not visit Tuscaloosa this weekend as was originally planned.

rtr

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
On another site there is an article that Pickering will not visit Tuscaloosa this weekend as was originally planned.

Rtr mentioned in another thread the numbers were already tight and now even tighter because of some players returning that might have originally been thought to have been leaving. So he could have been told we don't have a spot anymore.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Rtr mentioned in another thread the numbers were already tight and now even tighter because of some players returning that might have originally been thought to have been leaving. So he could have been told we don't have a spot anymore.
while this is true, the staff told him this weekend will be busy and quality time will be not be available to host him. they are trying to reschedule another visit before NSD.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
while this is true, the staff told him this weekend will be busy and quality time will be not be available to host him. they are trying to reschedule another visit before NSD.
They are probably figuring out who will and who will not be on the staff so they can be upfront with our remaining targets. It sounds like there may be some coaching changes on the defensive side of the ball also. Aaron Suttles on Bham radio has been saying he believes Coach Kool will not be part of the staff next season and this would be Pickering's position coach (as well as Sopsher).

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
They are probably figuring out who will and who will not be on the staff so they can be upfront with our remaining targets. It sounds like there may be some coaching changes on the defensive side of the ball also. Aaron Suttles on Bham radio has been saying he believes Coach Kool will not be part of the staff next season and this would be Pickering's position coach (as well as Sopsher).
Coach Kool? Hmm..........

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
this coaching turnover is killing us. I believe the lack of continuity has come back to bite us. The OC and DC leaving every year is just killing us. They are focusing on their new job instead of us winning the playoff games.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.