Link: Jimbo Fisher Calling Out Kirby Smart

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This might explain how UGA was able to flip Ohio State's QB commit that apparently never visited Athens.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We all know the stories. Kirby took the gloves off the second he dusted the door to the Mal Moore facilities for the last time. That's fine, he's doing what he thinks he's got to do to serve his employer. Better hope he keeps that employer because I doubt he gets a rehab stint.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
We all know the stories. Kirby took the gloves off the second he dusted the door to the Mal Moore facilities for the last time. That's fine, he's doing what he thinks he's got to do to serve his employer. Better hope he keeps that employer because I doubt he gets a rehab stint.
I'm surprised that CNS still comes off as cordial as he does towards Kirby publicly.

That garbage after the SECCG was the final straw for me..... referring to CNS as 'That Coach Across the Sideline'.

Dude has NO respect for the Man who guided him to his current position. Kirby's #1 Recruiting Playcall is "Nick won't be there 4-5 years to even see you graduate"

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This might explain how UGA was able to flip Ohio State's QB commit that apparently never visited Athens.
For a sec, I thought it may have been that he was just familiar with the campus since he was from GA but he's actually from the Detroit-metro area ... truly a head-scratcher, especially since they weren't really on him. I hate that MSU missed out on him tho. Glad CJF called him out lol

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Well, there is the old saying that it takes one to know one. Jimbo has seemed like a scumbag for a while, and Kirby seems to be gaining on him. They are just jockeying for position for when Saban retires, but they both seem to like taking some short cuts.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Karma has a way of taking care of this sort of thing. Sometimes she takes her own sweet time, but my experience is that she gets there. And when she does, a mama bear protecting cubs has nothing on a hacked-off Karma.

We're already seeing some very early signs of the consequences of making promises you can't keep, while also making false statements. Lost several players to transfer. Having opposing coaches publicly call him a liar. Without question burned bridges with Saban.

Hubris like that catches up with you. Maybe not immediately, but it will get you.

Fulmer
Dubose
Franchione
Dye
Weiss
Erickson
Spurrier
Freeze
Carroll
Pitino
Petrino

Lots of cautionary tales there, and I'm sure I've left out dozens of others. Too early to tell for sure if Kirby belongs on that list, but he has a good solid running start.

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Well, there is the old saying that it takes one to know one. Jimbo has seemed like a scumbag for a while, and Kirby seems to be gaining on him. They are just jockeying for position for when Saban retires, but they both seem to like taking some short cuts.
^^^This. They are both full of crap.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I'm surprised that CNS still comes off as cordial as he does towards Kirby publicly.

That garbage after the SECCG was the final straw for me..... referring to CNS as 'That Coach Across the Sideline'.

Dude has NO respect for the Man who guided him to his current position. Kirby's #1 Recruiting Playcall is "Nick won't be there 4-5 years to even see you graduate"
I totally get what you are saying, but my first quip would be, "especially when they graduate in 3 years."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.