Favorite Christmas Music

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Christmas Day 1996, I trundled through the snow over to the shower unit in Eagle Base, Tuzla, Bosnia-Hercegovina in my sandals and gym shorts. One of the other poor schmucks stuck in Bosnia for Christmas was shaving at the sink next to me. He looked at me and said, "Mele [friggin] Kalikimaka."
We both had a good laugh.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I love that.
The Godfather giving his "unh!" and "hit it!" says Christmas.
*Truth!*
Christmas Day 1996, I trundled through the snow over to the shower unit in Eagle Base, Tuzla, Bosnia-Hercegovina in my sandals and gym shorts. One of the other poor schmucks stuck in Bosnia for Christmas was shaving at the sink next to me. He looked at me and said, "Mele [friggin] Kalikimaka."
We both had a good laugh.
Great anecdote, TW. Thanks for that and the thread. I don't know why but listening to these songs is very special.

Kenny Loggins and the Winans, from 1992:

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
My favorite is “O Come O Come Emmanuel”. In particular the version the lady who has sung at at our church’s last few Lessons and Carols does. (It’s slightly different each year). She’s a regular soloist throughout the year, and every song she touches turns to gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
My favorite is “O Come O Come Emmanuel”. In particular the version the lady who has sung at at our church’s last few Lessons and Carols does. (It’s slightly different each year). She’s a regular soloist throughout the year, and every song she touches turns to gold.

Also “O Holy Night”. Listening to the past few years worth of Lessons and Carols this morning (they’re on Bandcamp so I bought them and have them on my phone) and that same lady sang it in 2013, 14 and 17, and as usual, it’s gold.

I also have fond memories of Christmas Eve services at the church where I grew up a lady (not a member, but the sister of one of the church elders) singing it solo every year. She had an operatic voice and did a brilliant take on it. I looked forward to it every year.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Netflix has Pee Wee’s Playhouse Christmas Special (1988). A more bizarre hour you will never see, but the carols sung by David Bowie and Grace Jones are memorable. Especially Grace Jones.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
"Stille Nacht," as sung by me on Christmas Eves... :D
I sang it tonight in German to close the Christmas Eve Communion service. I was unaware that this was the 200th anniversary of its first performance until later. I've actually visited Wagrain, Austria and Gruber's grave...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
BillBoards 2nd best Christmas song of all time. Not really my cup of tea.

The Chipmunk Song is #1!!:biggrin:

[FONT=&quot]"Christmas" passes two No. 7-peaking Christmas-season songs, Kenny G's "Auld Lang Syne" and New Kids on the Block's "This One's for the Children," and now trails only "The Chipmunk Song" as the highest-charting such hit in the Hot 100's 60-year history.[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.